07

Steve had just dropped me off in front of the fast food joint, I thanked him before the dark-haired man stopped me.

"Should I pick you up after work?

- No don't worry, I'll walk home."

Steve looks at me, he didn't really look like he wanted me to walk home alone at night.

"You know, now that you're not with Liam I can be your private driver?"

I chuckle before placing my hand on Steve's shoulder.

"I'll call you from the restaurant phone if I really feel the need for you to pick me up."

Steve smiles at me, I get out of the car and walk into the restaurant, greeting my boss and heading straight to the locker room to change. My outfit for work was a pale pink dress that went down to the top of my knees, and a green apron, I was also wearing white sneakers.

We had to tie our hair up in a bun or ponytail, so I left the locker room and grabbed my notepad and started working.

I took the many orders, passed them on to John, the chef, and then distributed the meals. I was also often at the cashier's desk to cash in the customers.

Suddenly I saw Jason and Chrissy enter, Chrissy waved at me and I greeted her before seeing them go and sit down on a table.

I walk over to them, pull out my notepad and address Jason and Chrissy.

"What can I get you?

- Hi Cass, I'll have a strawberry milkshake." Fit Chrissy.

I jot down on my notepad with my pen and then turn to Jason who was smiling at me broadly.

"One chocolate milkshake please.

- Coming up in a few minutes." I say.

I tuck my notepad into my apron and head back to the counter, I grab two tall glasses and fill them with ice, with a little whipped cream on top with a cherry. I take a tray, put the milkshakes on it and leave towards the table.

"And here you go." I say.

I put the milkshakes on the table and wink at them, Jason thanks me. I leave directly to take someone else's order.

"Cassie, you've been running around for almost two hours, take a little break." Proposes my boss.

My boss turns to my colleague Dean, this one automatically understands, he sighs before getting up from the stool.

"Yeah, I get it, I have to get off my ass a little more."

I smile to him before letting him take over, I leave then to sit behind the counter before taking a newspaper which was put in front of me.

A fund has been launched to build a new shopping center in Hawkins'.

It wasn't a bad idea, I suddenly saw a figure sitting in front of me.

"I'll have a vanilla milkshake please miss."

I look up before I see Eddie, I immediately put the paper down before gently smiling politely at him. I get up from the stool and take a glass, I fill it with vanilla ice cream thanks to a machine, I add whipped cream and a cherry at the end.

I put it in front of Eddie, he takes it, I speak.

"Have a good tasting." I say coldly.

Eddie thanks me before starting to eat, I sit down in front of him and start to read the newspaper.

"I'll return your clothes tomorrow." I say while reading the headlines in the paper.

I feel Eddie's gaze rise towards me, he nods his head before starting to eat again. I start thinking again about what Robin had told me earlier.

I put the newspaper down on the table before putting my hand on my chin and starting to think. Did I really have to ask Eddie? After all, it was the only way.

"Munson?

- Mhm?"

I take a long, deep breath before finally speaking.

"Did we have sex Friday night?"

Eddie starts to smile, and the gesture doesn't exactly reassure me... He starts to think before he speaks.

"Yes."

My heart misses a few beats, god I think I'm going to pass out. This is not possible, no! What an idiot I am. I slap my forehead hard before I hear Eddie laugh.

"What's so funny?! I say annoyed.

- It was a joke Jones, we didn't do anything that night." He says.

His jokes are really not funny, I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

"I hope you don't want to be a comedian." I say, rolling my eyes.

Eddie looks at me smiling while sliding the straw of the milkshake against his lips. He starts eating again.

"After I give you your clothes back, act like we don't know each other and like none of this happened.

- Why?

- Because it's super embarrassing, I mean... You're Eddie Munson and I'm Cassie Jones."

Eddie raises his eyebrows, nodding his head before speaking up with a sigh.

"Yeah okay, I get it. I liked you better when you were high."

Eddie quickly finishes his milkshake before standing up.

"Eddie wait! That's not what I meant, I didn't mean to offend you...

- Don't worry, I'm not offended Jones, you're right after all, it's true that you're the queen of high school and I... I'm the satanic guy who plays Dungeons and Dragons in his basement."

He puts on his jacket as he turns to me one last time.

"Have a good night Cassie Jones."

He turns his back on me and leaves, I sigh loudly before getting back to work.