34

It was Monday, I was in the cafeteria with Robin and Steve, looking for a table. Suddenly my friend Robin starts elbowing me in the arm.

"Hey, why don't you go eat with Eddie?" She asks.

I frown before turning my gaze to the Hell Fire Club table, there was Eddie sitting at the end of the table with Mike, Dustin, Bako, Donny and another young man I didn't know. It was weird that Lucas wasn't with them.

I finally turned to Robin, stammering softly before answering him.

"Should I?

- Well yeah, don't worry, I'll eat with Steve." She says.

I smile softly at her, she leaves to join Steve, I then clutch my tray tightly in my hands before taking a long, deep breath. But just as I was about to go, I totally chicken out. I then leave to join Steve and Robin.

"Uh, I told you to go eat with Eddie." Robin said.

I sit down across from them before blowing air out of my hands and speaking up, my breathing coming in a jerky motion.

"I can't do it, I can't go like this in front of everyone... Imagine if he thinks I'm sticking it too much? Oh my God my hands are sweaty and I can't breathe, I'm going to pass out.

- You've got the symptoms of love, mostly." Steve said.

I roll my eyes before grabbing my water bottle and taking a drink. They start laughing when they see the state I'm in.

"This isn't funny... I think I'm really going to pass out.

- Stop being so dramatic, just eat and you'll feel better." Robin said, pointing to my tray.

I listen to her and comply. After about twenty minutes we leave to clear our trays, Robin and Steve leave directly because they have a math class. I then start to walk away from the cafeteria.

Suddenly I feel a hand gently grab my waist, pressing me gently against the wall. I then turn around before I see Eddie, his face inches away from mine.

"Hey there.

- Hey..." I say with a smile.

Eddie smiles back at me before gradually removing his hand from my waist, his gaze settling on my lips for a few seconds before moving up to my eyes, he speaks up.

"How are you doing?

- I'm fine, and you?

- Yes, I'm fine. But I've missed you a bit."

I chuckle softly before looking up at Eddie, I speak up with a squint.

"Just a little bit?

- A little bit a lot." He says.

I stifle a laugh before peeling myself off the wall, Eddie slowly steps back before speaking up.

"I saw you in the cafeteria, didn't you come eat with me?

- I didn't want to intrude."

Eddie stifles a laugh before raising his eyebrows and speaking up reassuringly.

"You wouldn't have intruded, on the contrary. You're friends with Dustin and Mike, plus you seem to get along with Donny and Bako.

- Do they like me? I ask, referring to his friends.

- Of course they like you, do I need to remind you who you are?" He says with a smile.

I laugh softly and look down before Eddie speaks up.

"We should hangout tonight...

- I'm working tonight..." I say, looking at him with a disappointed look on my face.

Eddie tilts his head to the side as he sighs softly. I smile and then continue talking.

"But maybe I can stop by your place after work.

- You want me to pick you up after work?

- No, I'll walk don't worry." I say, winking at her.

Eddie smiles gently at me, I then look at the time on my watch and then speak up when I see that I have to go.

"I have to go, see you tonight?

- See you tonight Cassie." He says.

I smile shyly at him before standing on my tiptoes and placing a furtive kiss on his cheek. I smile at him one last time before I turn my back on him and leave.

———

I was sitting on the bleachers doing homework with Robin. She was having fun criticizing the basketball team playing on the field.

"Why does Dean move around like that? Does he have a broom up his ass or something?"

I start laughing before Robin sighs loudly as she continues talking.

"We're not going to get far in the tournament with this team of broken arms.

- Don't say that, they're not that bad.

- I hope Sinclair catches up now that he's on the team." Said Robin.

I shrug before opening my math notebook and starting my exercises, I then speak up.

"I saw Eddie earlier, he and I are meeting tonight at his house.

- After work? My friend asks.

- Yeah.

- And you explain to me how you'll do your homework if you spend part of the night there?

- That's why I'm doing my homework right now, Robin." I say, rolling my eyes.

She raises her eyebrows as she nods her head up and down, I then continue talking.

"Should I go eat with him tomorrow in the cafeteria?

- Yeah, what a question.

- I shouldn't. Imagine if I have an anxiety attack there. I say with a grumble.

- An anxiety attack? Stop talking nonsense. You're Cassie fucking Jones, okay? When you step on people they apologize, if you go to a restaurant the waiter tips you. It's not you that's afraid of Russia, it's the Russians that are afraid of you."

I stifle a laugh by frowning before retorting stopping Robin in his weird delirium right away.

"Too far there...

- It was a figure of speech. You take your confidence, you go and do your little seduction game that you do with all the guys there...

- What seduction game? I said, tilting my head to the side.

- You know when you look at boys with seductive eyes, and when you smile.

- I don't do that, confidence is the main thing to make a boy fall for you, the look and the smile don't matter."

Robin raises her eyes to the sky with a sigh before going back to criticizing the basketball team.

author's note

HELLOOOO
i really cant wait to see st4 vol.2 on friday!!!!
i just hope steve doesn't die 💀

anyway, byee

xoxo