08

I had just finished working, I said goodbye to my boss and left the fast food restaurant, I then started to walk alone to my house. It was dark, the night had fallen
and the more I walked, the more the streetlights were scarce.

I was in the middle of a road with a forest all around, I had my hands in the pockets of my denim jacket, I was cold.

Suddenly I hear an engine sounding behind me. I turned around and recognized Liam's car. I sigh and then accelerate my pace. I feel his car slowing down next to me.

"Cass?"

I keep my gaze straight ahead and ignore him.

"Cassie!

- What?!" I say as I turn around.

Liam pauses before speaking up.

"Get in, I'll take you home.

- No, it's okay.

- Get in, we're like three miles from your house, I'll drop you off."

I refuse, but suddenly Liam starts honking his horn. I then widen my eyes before kicking the body of the car.

"Stop the bullshit! You'll draw attention to us, there are houses down the street, people are trying to sleep.

- Get in or I'll do it again.

- Stop it Liam. I've had a bad day, good night."

I start to move forward when suddenly Liam starts honking his horn even louder and longer. I flinch slightly before turning around and opening the car door.

He was leaving me no choice. I close the door and strap myself in.

"Drive."

I see Liam chuckle softly before starting the car. After a good ten minutes of not talking, we arrive in front of my house.

"Have a good night."

Liam stops me in my tracks, he then speaks up by putting his hand on my thigh like he always did.

"Cassie, Jason told me that Munson visited you at the fast food joint, is that true?

- None of your business."

Liam sighs before resuming.

"Answer me this.

- Yes, it's true."

Liam then looks down, I then turn my head to the road, avoiding his gaze.

"Why?"

I then look down at my thigh where Liam's hand was still resting.

"Take your hand away." I say as I look up at him.

Liam complies and takes it off, I then speak.

"Eddie sold me some drugs Friday night, I didn't have enough so he came over to make me pay him back."

I turn my head back to the road before Liam starts talking again.

"Now I ask you again, whose house did you sleep at Friday night?

- Eddie Munson's."

Liam then smiles before taking my face in his hand, he then turns my head to his, I immediately meet his gaze.

"You are a very bad girl, Jones."

I feel his thumb slide over my lips, his gaze drifting towards it. I then take a long, deep breath before speaking up.

"We weren't together anymore Liam, he put me up simply to help me."

Liam stifles a chuckle before suddenly running his hand over my neck, he grabs it with a jerk, bringing his face close to mine.

"You're mine Cass, and you always will be, is that clear?"

He tightened his hand on my neck, the air was having a hard time getting through, I instinctively put my hand on his arm, motioning for him to remove his hand.

"Liam..." I said with difficulty.

Liam lets an angry look appear on his face, he squeezes even harder, preventing me from breathing.

"Have I made myself clear?!"

I start coughing violently, before nodding positively, Liam then removes his hand.

"Good girl."

I immediately leave the car closing the door behind me, I start coughing violently before going straight home. The lights were off, I guess my dad went to sleep.

I put my back against my door and tried to keep my breathing regular, I immediately felt some tears beading along my cheeks.

They were hot and started to fill my whole face. I then let myself fall against my door. My neck was burning and my throat was dry.

I get up immediately and go to the bathroom, I turn on the light and look at myself through the mirror, my neck had red marks, I sigh loudly before going to the kitchen to take a cold can and stick it against my neck.

After about fifteen minutes, I put it back in the fridge and go back to the kitchen to put some ointment. I change my clothes and go to bed.

But I couldn't sleep, I couldn't stop thinking about Liam and what he had done to me. He had never treated me like that, he had never laid a hand on me.

How much longer was I going to stay in his net? I let the tears dampen my pillow before finally falling asleep.