35

I had just gotten off work and was heading to a convenience store to buy some beer and something to eat. I stopped in front of a shelf before grabbing a bag of peanuts with a pack of candy, then a pack of beer cans.

I then go through the checkout before the cashier asks me how old I am.

"17." I say.

I look at the cashier before I start to laugh and speak up.

"Just kidding, I'm 22, I'm a college student." I lie.

The cashier smiles softly at me before he starts laughing, he scans my items as he speaks.

"It wasn't bad, I almost believed it." He says.

I laugh in return before pulling out a 10 dollar bill and handing it to him, he gives me the change, I take the beers with the food before thanking the cashier.

"Thank you, have a good night.

- Have a good night to you too miss."

I smile falsely before leaving, I then roll my eyes, what are they so easily manipulated. I start walking to Eddie's house.

After a good thirty minutes I arrive at Forest Hill, I see Eddie sitting on a couch under his mobile home, I smile softly before approaching him.

"Good evening sir.

- Good evening Miss." He says with a smile.

I sit down next to him before putting the beer and food on the floor.

"I bought some food.

- How did you get the beers?

- I coaxed the cashier." I say with a smile.

I grab a can before handing it to Eddie, I take one in turn and open it before taking a first sip. I slowly squint my eyes trying to get the taste of the beer out. Eddie starts talking.

"Did the job go well?

- Yeah, it's fine..." I say.

I start watching the moon below us before Eddie grabs the pack of candy from the floor.

"They're not my favorite but they'll do.

- Are you kidding? They're the best." I say with a frown.

I walk over to Eddie, he opens the package before taking one. He eats it.

"They're sour." He says with a grimace.

I laugh softly as I run my hand over my mouth, instinctively.

"Stop doing that or I swear I'll cut your hand off." Says Eddie.

He immediately removes my hand, I stop smiling automatically before apologizing.

"I'm just used to it, I need to stop gradually." I say.

Eddie smiles softly at me before taking a candy back and eating it, he runs it under his teeth, grinning. I laugh softly before approaching my face to his, I open my mouth before biting into the candy and recoil while eating it.

Eddie swallows the candy, looking at me, his eyes moving down to my lips before he speaks.

"Are you provoking me now?

- I don't know, do you think it's provocation?" I say with a frown.

I smile softly, before taking a sip of my beer, Eddie sighs before answering me.

"You're evil Jones." He says.

I wink at him before taking another bite of candy. Eddie speaks up.

"It's been since Friday night since I kissed you, I miss your lips."