27

I was sitting on the bleachers doing my homework, the sun was beating down on my head and I had to admit that it was getting less and less pleasant. I hadn't seen Liam all day, he was probably recovering from his "accident". I just hope he will recover quickly so he can go to Fred and publish a new article tomorrow morning.

I suddenly saw a figure sitting next to me, I looked up before I saw Eddie, I instinctively smiled.

"Good morning Jones.

- Hi, what are you doing here? I ask.

- I saw you alone so I came to keep you company."

Eddie smiles softly at me before glancing at my notebook, he frowns before speaking up.

"Is this math?

- Yeah, I have to finish something that I have due on Friday." I say with a sigh.

Eddie nods, I immediately speak up.

"I had something on my mind. You said you'd teach me to play the electric guitar but you still haven't done it." I say.

Eddie starts to laugh softly before answering me.

"Can we meet at my house so I can teach you?

- Okay, I'm available tonight after work if you want?

- Yeah, that's fine with me. What time do you get off work?

- 10pm, so I think I'll be there at 10:30pm.

- Okay." Eddie smiled.

I smile back, Eddie brings his hand to his chin before gently caressing his lips with his fingertips, he immediately speaks up.

"So, your little revenge?

- It went well.

- Only for you I guess?"

I remain silent, looking up at the sky before shrugging, squinting my eyes.

"Yeah, I think he's got it bad.

- What did you do to him?" Eddie said with a sigh.

I immediately twisted my fingers, thinking. Is telling Eddie everything a good idea? What if he repeated it?

"What I did is very serious, you really shouldn't repeat it.

- I'll take this secret to my grave, even if I find out you killed him."

I laughed softly before assuring him that I hadn't killed him, that would be a bit too diabolical a revenge and of a higher degree.

"I shot him in the thigh." I say quickly.

Eddie's eyes widen as he opens his mouth, he immediately speaks up.

"You what?! I don't know if you know this, but you can go to jail for intentionally injuring someone!"

I roll my eyes before putting my index finger on his mouth before he shuts up, I sigh and answer Eddie.

"Yes I know silly! And keep your voice down...we can be heard. I have it all figured out, do you think I'm an idiot?" I say with a wink.

I smile softly, Eddie looks at me dumbfounded, he speaks up.

"You're completely crazy, but I like it Jones.

- I'm not crazy... It's just that when you pick on me and the people I love, or loved in this case, you reap what you sow."

Eddie stifles a laugh before remaining silent and speaking up.

"I can just picture you with a gun in your hands. Kind of like Black Widow in the Marvel comics.

- I'm no match for Natasha Romanoff, she's way braver and stronger than me."

Eddie shrugs, I look at the time on my watch before speaking up.

"I'm going to be late for cheerleading practice, I have to go. I'll see you tonight.

- See you tonight Jones." He says.

I smile before standing up, grabbing my bag, walking down the bleachers and heading off towards the locker room.