78.

I landed violently on the ground. A huge pain is felt in my back cutting my breathing for a few long seconds. I can't hear anything, except a high-pitched and continuous unbearable sound. I grunt of pain before getting up with difficulty. My back hurts terribly. I dusted off my clothes and looked around. I was in the middle of a shopping mall. Around me were benches and plants with stores and some broom closets. It was rather dark.

Blue and red lights illuminated a little bit the big room. I was in Starcourt. Everything looked very familiar. But, where exactly am I?

"Cassie." I hear a voice echoing back at me.

I turn around with a start before I see Billy, about ten feet in front of me. I immediately widen my eyes and put my hand in front of my mouth. I can feel my throat tightening. Billy smiles softly at me, I feel tears running down my cheeks. Seeing him after so long makes my heart ache. I don't know if I should feel relieved or sad. Probably both.

"Billy?" I say in a shaky voice.

I move with difficulty toward him. Every step I took felt like I was going to collapse to the ground. I arrived in front of him, Billy was about to open his arms to me. I immediately hug him, putting my arms around his waist, resting my head against his chest.

"You're here... You're here now. I say.

- I've missed you. So much missed you." He says.

I feel his hand run through my hair, gently stroking it. I smell his scent, after so long. I've almost forgotten the sound of his voice. And hearing it again feels good. I break away from Billy and look into his eyes. He smiles tenderly at me and speaks up.

"I love you Cass."

My heart misses a few beats. Hearing him say it from his mouth does something to me. Like what I've been waiting for years has finally happened.

"I loved you too, Billy."

Billy's smile gradually fades. He tilts his head to the side and squints his eyes looking confused. I step back a little more.

"Loved?" He asks.

I give him a long look. Without saying anything. And I think he gets it and reads it in my eyes. Then I lower my eyes, twiddling my fingers before speaking.

"Why are we here, Billy?" I ask.

I look up at him. Billy immediately extends his hand to me.

"Join me, Cassie." He says.

I frown and squint before tilting my head to the side. I smile somewhat confused.

"Join us."

My smile gradually fades. I immediately realize that something is wrong. I slowly take a few steps backwards backing away from Billy, immediately feeling less safe. I shake my head from right to left.

"You're not Billy. You're not real." I say in a shaky voice.

I immediately see Billy start to walk toward me.

"What are you talking about? It's me Cassie." He says, stifling a laugh.

He frowns. And I could see that this thing was trying to manipulate me.

"No... Billy is dead. You are not him.

- But I am!"

I continue to back up, occasionally looking behind me so I don't stumble.

"I am Billy!"

His voice was gradually changing, getting deeper. An evil, malevolent, horrifying voice. I suddenly stumble falling to the ground, my heart starts beating a thousand times a hour. And I also believe that I start to make a crisis of derealization. I don't know what's real and what's not anymore. It's so frustrating, so scary.