50.

Eddie's POV

I don't really know how it happened, but it did. I just turned my face to Amber, she told me she liked the movie, and then she looked at my lips and she kissed me. I instinctively put my hand on her shoulder, trying to create a barrier between us, even though I think that barrier was already crossed since her lips are on mine.

I felt nothing, no butterflies in my stomach, no rise in my body temperature, nothing. Nothing like I feel when I look at Cassie. When I touch Cassie, when I kiss her. Cassie. And immediately I regain control of my body and push Amber away with a frown. She looks at me confused, as if she hadn't just made a mistake. Like we didn't just make a mistake. I lightly touch my lips with disgust.

"What the fuck Amber?!

- What?" She says innocently.

I should be happy that I had just kissed my first love, but all I felt was disgust and anger. I am angry, at myself and Amber. I let her think it was still possible. I look around before I see Steve and Robin, Cassie's two best friends. Shit. They may have seen everything for sure. They're going to tell her everything. Tell Cassie I cheated on her. I see a figure in front of them, one I could recognize out of thousands, and I immediately realize that they won't have to tell Cassie everything, since she saw it all.

I hate myself, what a jerk. I immediately get up, grab my jean jacket and start following Cassie, Steve and Robin. I can feel Amber following me, calling out to me. We walk out of the theater and I see the three friends walking to a car.

"Eddie!" I hear Amber call out to me.

I turn to her angrily before speaking up and raising my voice.

"Amber get in the car please." i say.

She walks over to me wanting to grab my hand but I pull her back as I speak.

"Get in the fucking car!" I say, raising my voice.

Amber frowns tilting her head to the side. She crosses her arms against her chest and turns her back to me, turning back to the car. I wait for her to get in so I can turn around and continue walking toward Cassie, Robin and Steve.

"Cassie!" I call to her.

———

Cassie's POV

"Cassie!" I hear Eddie call.

I turn around, facing him. I see Amber walking toward the van behind him.

"What the fuck Eddie?!

- Cassie let me explain!"

I see him approach me but I back away slightly. Steve and Robin attending the scene a little further back.

"There's nothing to explain... I saw it all! I should never have trusted you.

- But Cassie...

- No. Stop."

Eddie steps closer again and I step back, again. I didn't want his explanation. He could stick it to himself where I thought. There was nothing to explain, I think what I saw was already a lot.

"But what about us?

- Us?! There is no more us Eddie. It's over." I say with a knotted gulp.

I see his face break down. Like his whole world has just fallen apart. I don't care if I broke his heart. He broke mine first. He's just reaping what he sows. I see him look down, and I know he's got a lot on his mind. He lifts his head and approaches me again.

"But Cassie I...

- No man."

I see Steve put his hand on my arm backing up behind him. He then faces Eddie.

"That's enough, go home." Steve simply replies.

I see Eddie look at me one last time before turning his back on us and walking away. I then turn to Steve.

"Thanks...

- You're welcome... Come on, let's go home." He says.

I join Robin who puts her arm around my shoulders, I rest my head against her arm while keeping my gaze blank. I don't think I felt so betrayed in all my life. I don't want to hear about Eddie anymore, I don't want to see him. I don't want him in my life anymore. Every time I fall in love, either the person I love is taken away from me or everything goes to hell.

Eddie is the only person who has managed to make me fall in love after Billy. And everything I went through with him had managed to revive me a little bit. Was it all fake for him? Because for me it was real. It was real to me. He was one of the people I loved the most on this planet, and he managed to change my mind in just a few seconds, one person, one girl, two mouths and one kiss.

We get into the car. I stay in the backseat alone, resting my head against the window. We arrive in front of Robin's house, we get out of the car to say goodbye to her. She gives a handshake to Steve before turning to me.

"It will be fine, they always come back." She says by smiling at me.

She's right, they always come back. This sentence was kind of Robin's catchphrase. But did I really want him to come back? Did I want to let him betray my trust, again?

"I'm not letting him come back this time."

Robin looks at me sadly. Saying that sentence was painful, but it was the right thing to do. I love Eddie, but love doesn't make everything. My friend pulls me into a hug, placing a kiss on my head before ending our embrace.

"Get home safe." She says.

We thank her. Robin smiles at us while making us a sign of the hand. She turns us the back and leaves towards her house. We regain the car, I sit beside Steve, it starts and starts to drive towards my house. The journey is silent, nobody says anything.

We arrived after five short minutes. I get out and Steve does the same, he walks towards me, I face him. I remain silent. Then I break down, I lower my eyes and feel the tears running down my cheeks. I immediately feel Steve take me in his arms, he puts his chin on my head and starts to caress my back.

Our comfort zone is not a place, or a lifestyle. But it is a person. Steve is my comfort zone, always has been. Eddie was. I wasn't afraid to cry or scream or laugh in front of Steve.

"I trusted him. I said between sobs.

- I know... I'm sorry."

I look up at Steve, he takes my face in his hands before wiping away my tears with his sweater sleeve.

"I loved him Steve. It wasn't a little flirtation anymore... It was love, and I got screwed again."

Steve raises his eyebrows, somewhat surprised at what I had just said. But I was thinking it and feeling it. I'm in love with Eddie. I've been in love with him since the day I saw the Paul Anka tape 'Put Your Head On My Shoulder' on his shelf. I've loved him since he told me he was thinking of me when he listened to it. I love him.

And it was the fall.