69.

Eddie and I were eating mac and cheese at the kitchen table.

"I really don't know how you eat that... It's disgusting. I said.

- This is all that's left Cass.

- No, it's not." I say, pointing to the shopping bags.

Eddie rolls his eyes with a sigh before speaking up.

"Whatever. Please eat."

I smile softly before I comply and finish my plate. I look around, analyzing the kitchen as well as the living room where the couch where Eddie and I had been doing our little business is located.

"Eddie? Can I ask you a question? I ask.

- Yes, of course." He answers.

I lay my eyes on him. Not knowing how to ask him. I put my fork down leaving it on the edge of my plate before tapping the tips of my nails against the table.

"Imagine... Imagine if I did something horrible... heinous. Something unforgivable, would you see me the same way?" I ask.

Eddie frowns, squinting his eyes not really knowing what to say.

"Why are you asking me this? Cassie you're scaring me.

- Just answer the question. Would you still accept me?" I ask.

Eddie then relaxes his facial muscles regaining a neutral look. He sighs and speaks up.

"Yeah, I guess so. Why are you asking me this? What's going on?" He asks.

I twiddle my fingers telling myself I had to confess to him even though I wasn't planning on telling anyone at first. But Eddie has a right to know the truth after doing this for him. I take a long, deep breath as I prepare to speak before I suddenly hear the sound of an engine outside, which seems odd because Steve and the others should be very busy today.

"Who is it?" Asks Eddie.

I shrug before standing up and walking over to the windows I move the blinds slightly looking between the sticks. Immediately I see a very different car from Steve's. I immediately recognize Jason's. Shit, shit. I heard at the convenience store this morning that Chrissy's funeral was today so what are they doing here? I then step back before approaching Eddie.

"Okay Eddie. We have a big problem, we need to go." I say.

Eddie frowns before standing up. We then leave for the barn, hiding there.

"What's going on? Who's that?

- Jason, Patrick, Liam and Andy. They're looking for you." I say.

We hide behind the boat. I hear the sounds of doors slamming from the house.

"And you've known this for how long?

- Since the day before yesterday. I say.

- And you were going to tell me when?

- I wasn't planning to tell you at all.

- Why not? asks Eddie with an offended look.

- To keep you from freaking out, now keep your voice down. We'll get noticed." I say.

I then sit down against the boat trying to figure out what to do. We could ask Steve, Nancy, Robin and the others for help but the talkie-walkie is in the car parked outside, next to Jason's. I should never have parked there, what an idiot.

"We're waiting. I say.

- Wait?! Is that your plan? He says.

- You have a better idea?!" I ask as I turn to him.