53.

I had just arrived in high school. I got off my bike, took off my helmet before shaking my head to put my hair back in place. I immediately see Robin and Steve a little further down the parking lot, sitting on the hood of Steve's car. I walk towards them.

"Hi. I say, tucking my helmet under my arm.

- Hi, are you okay?" Robin immediately asks.

Steve asks the same thing, saying they haven't heard from me all weekend. And it's true, I haven't called them. I didn't go out all weekend. I didn't do anything.

"I'm fine." I reassure them, even though I think it's the opposite. Everything is wrong.

They smile at me, I immediately see Chrissy coming up behind Steve and Robin, she smiles at me before walking towards us, I smile back at her.

"Cass! Are you ok? She asks with a smile.

- Hi Chrissy, I'm fine." I say with a smile.

She turns to Steve and Robin before greeting them and turning to me. She sets her eyes on my motorcycle helmet before widening her eyes and gasping.

"You have a motorcycle?

- Yes. Recently. I answer her with a smile.

- Oh that's so cool! Are we going to cheerleading practice together?" She asks.

I agree. Chrissy then puts her arm through mine, I turn to my two friends one last time telling them I was leaving. Robin smiles at me before Steve gives me a wave. Chrissy and I then leave in the direction of the school entrance.

"Everything okay with Eddie?" She asks curiously.

No Chrissy. Everything is not going well. I don't think I've ever felt so betrayed in my entire life.

"We're not together anymore.

- Oh... Sorry, I didn't know.

- It's ok. Don't worry." I reassure her by placing my hand on her arm.

She smiles sadly at me. We enter the high school lobby, walking through the long hallway towards the locker room while Chrissy tells me about the Whitney Houston concert she went to this weekend. I immediately see Dustin and Mike in the distance with Lucas, they see me, smile at me, and I smile back at them and wave.

I immediately see a familiar figure coming up behind them, Eddie. I immediately turn my gaze, pretending I didn't see him, I walk past him, as if he didn't exist, paying attention to Chrissy and my conversation with her. I can feel Eddie's gaze on me before Chrissy and I disappear into the locker room.

We change into our cheerleader outfits, the basketball tournament is a week away so practices are getting more frequent. We then leave the locker room and head to the court to practice.

———

Cassie's POV

I had just come out of the cafeteria, Robin and Steve had gone the other way because they had a Spanish class. I walked towards the bleachers through a small corridor in the school, there were not many people. I suddenly felt a hand grab my wrist, turning me around. I flinch before coming face to face with Eddie.

"Let go of me. I say curtly as I remove my wrist.

- Cassie, can we talk?

- Talk about what? That you cheated on me with that slut? No thanks."

I was about to turn around but Eddie still held me by my wrist without squeezing it so as not to hurt me.

"Cassie forgive me..."

I stifle a laugh as I free myself from his grip. I cross my arms against my chest before raising my face looking down at Eddie.

"Beg me then."

I wasn't serious. I knew he wasn't going to do. I suddenly see Eddie slowly back away before joining his hands together and getting ready to kneel down. I immediately widen my eyes.

"Please."

I immediately run my hands over his arms preventing him from totally kneeling.

"Eddie what are you doing? Get the fuck up." I say as I help him up.

The brunette then stands up dusting off his pants, I let my arms fall down my body before Eddie speaks up.

"Please Cassie... You're everything I want... What you saw Friday night was....

- No, Eddie." I cut him off.

I back away slowly as I put my bag back on my shoulder properly, I cross my arms against my chest before speaking up.

"I can't... I don't want to know if it was an accident. You did it and I can't forgive you."

Eddie's face breaks down. It hurt me to say that, to say that I couldn't forgive him, that nothing would ever be the same again, but I was honest because I was telling the truth. And nothing can change my mind.

"I'm sorry." I said.

I look at him one last time. He looked disappointed and angry. Sad too, I think. I look down before I walk past him and start walking towards the bleachers.