46.

I woke up in a good mood this morning. I went straight to get dressed, I put on a green long sleeve square neck tee shirt with loose blue jeans. I then tied my hair up in a high pony tail and went to breakfast. My dad had already left for work. For once he was getting up early to go to work. I had an apple with a glass of milk before I started eating. Eddie said he would pick me up this morning and drop me off at school.

He's supposed to come at 8:00, so I hope he won't be late. I quickly eat my apple, drink my milk before grabbing my bag seeing that he will be there in five minutes. I grab my keys and lock the door behind me on my way out. I then start waiting for Eddie at the side of the road. And the minutes are gone, 2,3,5. I was hoping to see Eddie but he hadn't arrived yet. So I waited again telling myself that he was just a little late and that he will arrive soon.

I looked at my watch every minute. And still nothing, no Eddie in sight, it was 8:35 and classes had just started. But I didn't care, I was more worried about Eddie. He was 35 minutes late, maybe something happened to him? I sighed, telling myself that I was late anyway. I look down at my outfit. It's not suitable for riding a motorcycle, but I don't have time to change. I quickly go back home, grab Gazelle's keys and take the helmet before going back outside.

I get on the bike, put on the helmet and start off, riding towards the school. And I arrived after ten minutes, at 8:50. The parking lot was empty, which wasn't surprising since classes had started. I take off my helmet before tucking it under my arm and entering the high school. I don't have time to make a U-turn to my locker to drop my helmet off. So I went straight to history class. I knock on the door and the teacher allows me to enter.

"Hello, sorry for being late. I say as I close the door behind me.

- Good morning Miss Jones, I'll let it pass this time. Go sit down."

And I comply. I went and sat in my usual place and waited for the hour to pass, hoping Eddie was okay.

———

I was with Robin in the hallways, Steve had gone to Dustin to ask him something. I was standing at my locker while Robin was talking to me about Star Wars. I open my locker and drop my motorcycle helmet in.

"By the way why were you late this morning? Robin asks.

- Nothing... I woke up late." I say as I close my locker.

I immediately see Eddie, in the distance with one of his friends. Gareth, I think. He had just come out of a classroom. And I immediately feel relieved to see that he was okay. But something was wrong. If he comes out of a classroom it means he was there the hour before. I sigh loudly as I meet his eyes. He smiles at me, and notices that I look annoyed. His smile disappears as he realizes what he has just done.

I look down and close my locker, slamming the door. Robin and I head off in the direction of the bleachers where we used to go.

"No way! He's really messing with me!

- What's going on Cassie? I don't understand tell me!" Robin said as we walked out of the school.

We were walking briskly towards the bleachers, we sit down on them and I take a long deep breath trying to calm down.

"Eddie was supposed to pick me up this morning at 8:00. He wasn't there, so I went to school alone, that's why I was late. And now what do I see? This idiot was at school the whole time and he forgot to pick me up." I say.

And immediately Robin raises her eyebrows in understanding. She puts her hand on my back before stroking it gently trying to calm me down. But I was so upset. I would have to find out that he dropped off his best friend Amber and therefore forgot about me.

"I waited thirty fucking minutes, outside like a bum... For him to forget?! I said still pissed off.

- I know honey... He's just a jerk, he'll come crawling back and apologize like they always do."

It's true. That's what they always do. So I hope Eddie does it. Obviously if he gives me an explanation, I'll consider forgiving him. I just hope he doesn't make a third mistake.

"You're right...

- I'm always right." Said Robin.

I stifle a laugh before seeing that my friend had taken on a slightly more serious look. She slipped her hand into her bag before taking out her math notebook and I immediately understood what she was about to ask me.

"Did you do your math exercises?" she asks.

I start to laugh before plunging my hand in my bag and taking out my notebook before giving it to her. She smiles as she thanks me before opening my notebook and starting to copy down my answers.

"You're a lifesaver Cassie... But I'm also giving you the cold shoulder because you lied to me earlier about being late because you woke up too late but you were actually waiting for that poor satanic guy outside."

I stifle a laugh before putting my hand on Robin's knee, I crouch slightly before bowing my head as if I were worshipping a God.

"I'm sorry my lord Buckley... I promise never to lie to you again. Forgive me." I say as I clasp my hands together.

Robin places his hand on mine before speaking up with a laugh.

"You are forgiven young maid."

I laugh before standing up and sitting back down. Robin goes back to copying my answers while laughing. I then take the floor.

"If Eddie doesn't apologize like that, I won't forgive him." I say.

And Robin had started laughing again as she had managed to calm down her laughter from before.