44.

Eddie's POV

"Why did you lie to her?" Amber asks, confused.

I sigh, not knowing what to say to her. I know why I lied to her, but I can't tell Amber, or Cassie for that matter. She's mad at me, Cassie is mad at me for lying to her, and I don't know how much more mad she'll be when I tell her the reason why I lied to her. I don't want to be on her list of ex-boyfriends to eliminate.

She blew Liam's thigh off with a gun, who knows what she might do to me? This girl drives me crazy, I should run and get away after she tells me she shot her ex, but I don't know why that draws me in even more.

"I don't know what you're talking about Amber.

- Why did you say we were cousins? She's your girlfriend, you can't lie to her like that." She said as she crossed her arms against her chest.

I sigh, not knowing what to do. Amber is right, I should have told Cassie the truth directly. And now she's mad at me. She came to take refuge with me after what her father did to her, and all I managed to do was drive her away. I'm the king of jerks.

"I'll try to call her." I say.

Amber nods positively before heading to the bathroom to get ready. I walk over to the phone before entering Cassie's number.

———

Cassie's POV

I was on my bed reading to take my mind off of it, because this Eddie thing was just going round and round in my head. I hate it. I don't even know what this girl is doing at Eddie's house and I'm supposed to stay calm and not care? He didn't even bother to tell me. My phone suddenly starts ringing.

I walk over to the phone before picking it up and putting it to my ear.

"Hello?

- Cassie! It's Eddie. Can we talk?"

I sigh, rolling my eyes before hanging up. I don't want to talk with him, I just need to be alone right now, and maybe later I'll consider explaining myself to him. I decide to leave to join Robin and Steve who must be working. I close my book, get up from my bed.

I grab my leather jacket and my helmet and get out of my house before getting on the motorcycle and starting to ride towards the videoclub. And after a good ten minutes, I was there. The parking lot was still empty which is weird for a Saturday. I enter the videoclub. Robin puts his eyes on me before letting appear a confused air by seeing my helmet under my arm.

"What are you doing with a motorcycle helmet?" She asks.

I smile softly approaching the counter while wondering where Steve went.

"Oh no! Shit, you have a motorcycle?" Robin asks.

Her eyes widen and she raises her eyebrows, smiling. I just nod positively before briefly pointing to the bike with my fingertips. I speak up.

"Billy left it to me.

- What's that on your cheek?" She asks.

She points to my bandage. I then put my fingertip on it before answering my friend.

"I cut myself while cooking." I say, stifling a laugh.

Robin starts to laugh while raising the eyes to the sky thinking certainly that I am clumsy. I ask him where Steve is before suddenly seeing the dark-haired guy coming out of the locker room behind. He then smiles before walking up to me.

"I saw a bike outside Jones... Don't tell me it's yours?" He says.

I think for a few seconds before dipping my hand into my leather jacket pocket and pulling out the keys to the bike waving them in front of Steve, he then starts jumping up and down on the spot.

"So cool! Damn Cassie that's awesome!

- Right!" I say with a smile.

Steve walks up to me before giving me a handshake.

"I thought that working here I was going to be able to meet girls, but in the end all the girls that come in are renting movies to watch with their boyfriend. Steve complains.

- Shut up, you have a lot of hoes already I think." I say, rolling my eyes.

Steve smiles before putting his arm around my shoulders and speaking up.

"You're my favorite hoe Jones."

I raise my eyebrows as I watch him wink at me before pushing him away as he speaks up.

"Get out you moron.

- You're so needy you could be dating your best friend..." Robin laughed.

Steve raises his eyes to the sky before going back behind the counter.

"I had a fight with Eddie. I said with a sigh.

- I told you so!" Steve said.

I frown as I look at him, annoyed that this was his first reaction after telling him I had a fight with Eddie, but I'm not surprised by it. Robin then asks me why.

"He lied to me... He's hosting a friend of his for two weeks and he told me she was his cousin when she wasn't! I said exasperated.

- Oh shit... If he lied to you about that, then there is or was something ambiguous between them." Robin said.

I shrug, asking myself the same question since this morning. Steve grabs a cage of videotape before approaching me.

"Talk to him." He says.

I watch as he goes to fill the shelves with videotapes.