30

Eddie's POV

"You almost kissed?! Gareth asks.

- Not almost! But it was close." I reply.

Bako looks at me with a seductive raise of his eyebrows, Donny immediately speaks up.

"You had Cassie Jones in your room and you're telling me you didn't kiss her?

- Yeah, imagine if she pushed me away."

Bako and Donny look at each other for a few moments before Donny speaks up.

"The time she came to give you the tape in the cafeteria, she looked smiling and she seemed to like you in a friendly way.

- Yes, friendly. I said.

- But Eddie, it's been a month since she gave you the tape, maybe her feelings have grown in the meantime." Said Gareth.

I shrug my shoulders and raise my eyes to the sky before leaning back against my chair, Bako immediately starts to speak, looking hesitant.

"About a week ago she came to the cafeteria to see us, she was looking for you.

- She was looking for me?

- Yeah." Donny said.

I put my hand on my chin and thought about it before speaking.

"Well okay... It's Thursday and Cassie's working tonight, I'll just pick her up after work, drop her off at her house and confess my feelings.

- Yeah, you should do that." Said Gareth.

I nodded slowly, having made my decision. Tonight I would take my courage in both hands and tell her. I immediately look between a few shelves in the library before I see Cassie looking for a book.

"Well, speak of the wolf..." said Gareth.

- Offer to pick her up after work tonight! Come on!" Donny said.

I frowned as I turned to my friends, asking them if this was really a good idea.

"Yeah, go for it! Bako said.

- Well okay."

I then stand up before approaching Cassie. Her hair fell over her shoulders, today she was dressed in a pale green floral top and a white flared pleated skirt. I walk towards her before leaning against the shelf.

"Hi." I say.

Immediately she turns to me, I then meet her gaze, I had the impression that her eyes were shining. I contemplate her for a few seconds, the idea of telling her everything I feel tonight still crosses my mind, I almost give up the idea wondering how I could please in return an incredible girl like her.

She is the total opposite of me, she is stylish, inspiring, pretty, popular, brave and has ambitions. What would she do with a guy like me?

"Oh hi Eddie, did you see the note I left this morning?

- Yes I saw it, and I also saw this morning's paper. Looks like that bullet changed Liam's mind."

She smiled stifling a laugh, her smile. She is radiant, and her laughter sounds like that of an angel. She speaks up.

"It sure looks like it, I just hope now he'll leave me alone. Did you have something to ask me?" She says before grabbing a book.

I thought for a few seconds before taking a deep, long breath, launching myself.

"I was wondering if you'd like me to pick you up after work and drop you off at your place?

- Oh, you'd do that?

- Yes...

- Why?" She asks, squinting her eyes.

She smiled softly as she bit her cheek, she had a charm, and she knew how to play it. She knew what she was doing, her confidence was changing her whole way of acting. She could make any man fall with a simple smile. And I was unfortunately one of those men.

"Actually I'm also dropping my uncle off at work, he lent his car to a friend, so I'm giving him a ride, and I was thinking maybe I could pick you up as well?"

That's not true, totally not true. My uncle still had his car and besides, he wasn't even working tonight. She gently tilts her head to the side before speaking up.

"Okay. I get off at 10pm, you know where the fast food is.

- I'll be there on time. See you tonight Jones.

- See you tonight Munson." She says.

She smiles at me before waving and turning her back on me, she immediately leaves to venture into the library. I then turn back to my friends.