47.

I was in the cafeteria eating. I was sitting by myself. I was still pissed at Eddie. How could he forget? I waited thirty long minutes for nothing. He forgot about me! I couldn't believe it. Just as I had angrily poked my fork into my plate, I saw a figure sitting across from me. I looked up and saw Eddie, so I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want?

- I've come to apologize and explain myself." He says.

I stifle a laugh before putting my fork down on my tray and speaking up cutting off Eddie who was about to speak up as well.

"Explain what? That you forgot to pick me up and I waited thirty minutes? I said.

- Look I..."

He lowered his eyes remaining silent for a few long moments. I raise my eyebrows waiting for him to speak becoming impatient.

"Eddie? You?

- I... I know it's not right but I had to drop Amber off for her first day at the clinic and I forgot to pick you up afterwards, I went straight to school."

I gasp in shock, letting a sneer appear on the corner of my lip. My fist tightens and Eddie notices my annoyance.

"Oh you're such a cunt!" I say.

Eddie looks down, making himself small. That was twice, twice that our arguments are because of one person, Amber. But it's also Eddie's fault. He doesn't try hard enough.

"So wait let me get this straight... Didn't you pick me up because you were too busy dropping Amber off? You're just digging in there."

I didn't want to believe it. I feel Eddie's hand rest on mine. I honestly didn't want him to do this but I don't take my hand away and let him.

"I'm sorry...I really am."

I wanted to believe him. I know he's sorry but I don't know if I can trust him. Will he do the same to me again if I forgive him?

"Look... I know you're working until Thursday night so how about we go out for Thai food Friday night? There's a restaurant I know."

He was trying to make it up to me by inviting me to the restaurant. I have to admit, it's a pretty good idea to make it up to him. I sigh as I lower my eyes, I should accept. I intertwine our fingers together before looking up at him, meeting his gaze.

"Okay." I say with a smile.

———

I was at the mall with Steve, Eddie had invited me to the restaurant on Friday night and since it was our first real date, I wanted to do a lot. So I went with Steve to buy a dress that should do the trick. I had asked Robin if she wanted to come but she has to babysit her neighbors son.

"Remind me again why we're here?

- To find a dress for a date."

Steve rolls his eyes as he tilts his head back letting a sigh escape his lips.

"Stop complaining seriously..." I say as I give him a slight push.

Steve shrugs as he starts walking straight again after I push him. We arrive in front of a H&M, I liked this store, they are always at the forefront of the trends. I grab Steve's arm and drag him inside.

"Steve, you need to be focused... If you were going on a date with a girl, how would you like to see her dressed? I ask as I turn to my best friend.

- Uh... In underwear or naked."

I roll my eyes as I cross my arms against my chest. I give Steve's sneakers a gentle kick before speaking up.

"I'm serious Steve!

- I don't know!"

He turns and grabs a dress, showing it to me. It was hideous. He shows it off, even though he had chosen it randomly because my dating stories were bothering him and he wanted to get it over with quickly.

"This?

- No, put that horrible thing down." I say.

Steve turns around and puts the dress back in its place. We then start looking for a suitable one for a date. Steve calls out to me, I turn around and see him in a gray glittery dress.

"What do you think of this one?

- I'm going on a date Steve, not to a club." I say.

Steve sighs and puts the dress back in its place. I turn to several dresses caressing the fabrics with my fingertips. I see Steve approaching me.

"I need something simple, but classy." I say.

I look for a dress among all the ones I had just seen before Steve speaks up looking around.

"I don't understand why you're bothering to look for a dress for this date when Eddie will probably come in his Hell Fire Club shirt and a leather jacket." Said Steve.

That would be likely. But I know Eddie will make an effort. So I chase away this idea that Steve had tried to put in my head. I suddenly see a dress that catches my eye, I pick it up and look at it closer it was emerald green in a plunging neckline and the back was bare, the dress came just below the thighs. I like it. I show it to Steve asking him what he thinks.

"It's pretty... Try it on?"

I nod and take my size. We head to the fitting rooms. I enter one of them before seeing Steve sitting on a bench in front of a mirror. I close the curtains and try on the dress.

It fit me well, I think. The neckline was very pronounced but not to the point of being too vulgar, I like this dress. It could do with emerald green heels. I step out of the booth and show Steve. I see him widen his eyes. A smile appears on his face.

"What do you think?

- I like it! This is the one." He says.

I take one last look at myself in the large mirror before speaking up, proud of my find.

"Then I'll take it."