56.

I was in the cafeteria eating with Robin and Steve, I was pretty happy today. Everything was fine, a little better. Although I know it would be even better if Eddie was here and none of this had happened. I'm sorry about that. I don't regret Eddie because he was really a jerk. I regret what he and I had. I miss it. I pull myself out of my thoughts trying to stay positive before speaking up addressing Robin.

"You were amazing at the marching band. I say with a smile.

- Did I? Thanks! You were great too! Green is definitely your color." Said Robin pointing to my cheerleader uniform.

I smiled as I placed my hands on it. I thank her before Steve speaks up.

"I like it when you tie your hair up, it clears your pretty face." He says, raising his eyebrows a few times.

I frown, stifling a laugh. I touch my hair that I had tied up on purpose for the performance before taking a bread crumb and throwing it at Steve.

"Shut up you womanizer.

- I'm just being nice." Steve said, rolling his eyes.

Robin starts laughing, I suddenly hear a voice echoing throughout the cafeteria. I see Eddie standing on the table at the HellFire Club.

"As long as your into band, or science, or partiiiies... Or a game where you toss balls into laundry basket!"

He turns to the table of basketball players. What an idiot seriously, we can't take him anywhere. He's making a show of himself. I see Jason get up from his chair before he speaks up looking at the satanic.

"You want something freak ?"

Immediately Eddie starts to smile before imitating the horns of a devil and sticking out his tongue. I look at him and smile stupidly. What a child. Even if I am angry with him, I must admit that he is still an atypical and pleasant person. But he is also a jerk who cheated on his girlfriend in front of his eyes. I immediately see the dark-haired man putting his eyes on me. My glance plunges in his hazel eyes. He smiles a little more but this time with a lovely air rather than a joking one. I sigh before clearing my throat and lowering my eyes.

I feel my body temperature rise, even though we've parted ways, that he's the dumbest man I've ever met he still has the same effect on me. I stand up immediately before taking my tray with one hand, nervously.

"I'm not hungry anymore and I have to go. I'll see you later?

- See ya Cass." Steve made as he ate his potatoes.

I smiled at him before Robin waved at me. I leave to clear my tray and walk out of the cafeteria towards the bleachers where I used to go. I stayed there all afternoon, scribbling drawings on a sheet. I don't draw very well, actually my drawing skills stop at stick figures, but it passes the time. I immediately see Chrissy in the distance with her bag on her back, she looked nervous. I frown, wondering what she was doing here.

I don't have time to call her before she disappears into the forest right next to the stadium. I frown before shrugging my shoulders and going back to drawing.

———

While I was still busy drawing on the same sheet for almost two hours now. I saw Mike and Dustin coming towards me. They looked exhausted. I see Dustin smiling at me with all his teeth before walking up the bleachers and towards me.

"Oh Cassie! You were really great this morning..." He says breathlessly.

His friend Mike remains silent looking at the sky before Dustin elbows him, the brunette then regains his senses. He stutters.

"Oh... Uh yeah! Yeah! So cool." He says, showing his thumb in the air.

Okay, these two have something to ask me. All this sudden kindness has to come from somewhere. I tilt my head to the side, squinting my eyes before stifling a laugh and slipping my paper into my bag.

"What do you want?" I say.

Mike looks at Dustin. Dustin looks at Mike. They look like they're communicating through the eyes before Dustin asks Mike to ask me what they had to ask me.

"Okay, Lucas can't play for the Hell Fire tonight, so we're looking for a replacement. Are you in?"

Seriously? They know Eddie and I aren't together anymore so why would I go there? Plus I can't play D&D.

"No." I say before bowing my head as I pick up my paper again.

I start drawing again before Dustin speaks up.

"Oh please go Cass! Please! Maybe you can forget about the fact that you and Eddie...

- No Dustin. I dont even know how to play your game.

- We can teach you! We've asked the whole school, nobody wants to." Said Mike.

I sighed before looking up at the two friends, about to suggest an idea that apparently hadn't crossed their minds since they had come to ask me to replace Lucas.

"Why don't you ask Erica?

- Erica? Mike said with a frown.

- Yeah, Lucas told me she could play." I said, stifling a laugh.

The two friends widen their eyes before looking at each other. I smile softly before speaking.

"You can't spell America without Erica.

- You can't spell America without Erica!" Said both friends in chorus.

I laugh before seeing them turn their backs on me, Dustin turns to me one last time.

"Thanks Cassie! You're the best.

- Yeah Atreyu, I know." I say with a smile.

Dustin rolls his eyes before walking away. Mike gives me a wave, I watch them walk down the bleachers and disappear.