01~ First encounter

It's a tiring and exhausting day for her, it's always exhausting for sure because of the immense work pressure

It's a tiring and exhausting day for her, it's always exhausting for sure because of the immense work pressure. She feels slightly dizzy as she was working the whole night for the assignment which her professor provided her and no matter what, she can't make him angry or, she doesn’t want to lose the fund as that's the only hope for her.

“Hey, Lee, are you feeling dizzy?” Jasmine, Aleena's co-worker, asks and she jolts up in her space while flinching continuously. 

“Oh my God, Lee, did I startle you that much? I'm so sorry, baby—” She says worriedly and clutches Aleena's hand, squeezing it gently to make her calm down.

“No, no. It's okay, I'm alright—” She assures her while trying to control her breath. It would be a whole lie if she says she is not afraid but yes, it scared her. A simple call from Jasmine startled her and this is because of her twisted past.

“I'm extremely sorry, girl. I didn’t mean to startle you really.” Jasmine asserts with a sad voice just to see the poor girl still shaking her body a bit.

“Hey, no. I'm okay. See—” Aleena giggles softly, trying to make the situation easy.

“So, tell me how everything is.” Jasmine leans on the table and rests her elbow, continuing their conversation as it's pretty early in the morning and the cafe hasn't opened properly. 

“Same as before, cafe, convenience store, university, then Amma, you know she is not doing good and I am the only one who is taking care of her—” She sighs deeply and leans back to the wall.

“You are so hardworking, Lee. If it was me then I don't think I would manage everything like you, you are doing so many things together.” She says and sighs deeply. 

“Doing two jobs at the same time, doing your Masters and treating your sick mother, it's not easy work, baby. I'm so proud of you.” Jasmine clutches Aleena's hand and squeezes it gently.

“I'll be okay, Jaz but I'm just afraid about my mother, she is my only family now, you know?” Aleena sighs deeply and her mind goes blank every time she is reminded about everything when she was in Russia. Those terrible days.

“I just need a decent job with a good salary, you know? Once I learn Hangul fully, I'll get a good job.” She says with a small smile and Jasmine smiles back to her.

“Then I will provide a good life for my mother and her better treatment. I'm so ambitious that all my struggle will be paying off—” She says and Jasmine nods. She is practically amazed to see the girl in front of her whom she has been seeing for the last six months who is working her ass off just for her mother.