12~ Obsession

Taehyung’s Pov

Taehyung’s Pov

Leaning my heavy head back against the comfortable couch, I inhale and exhale some smoke before the therapist comes here soon. I was never a fan of alcohol or heavy drugs, not even cigarettes but I need the cigarettes sometimes to let out my anxiety.

“Ah, Taehyung—” A soft feminine voice speaks up and I already know that her cheerful smile dropped down as soon as she saw me smoking. Lifting my heavy head upward, I see her leaning against the wall with her crossed arms, looking at me with an ‘I’m done’ expression. I huff and try to crack a tiniest smile at her.

“Cigarettes are not allowed here, Kim—” She warns me and I throw the leftover cigarette to the ashtray. She takes a seat in front of me and I unclip my cufflinks one by one, resting them on the small glass table in front of me. Pulling my sleeve upward, I rest each of them near my elbows.

“Are you perhaps trying to seduce me by pulling above your sleeves and making visible your veiny hands?” She asks with a serious tone and I sigh, a soft chuckle leaves from my mouth. “You know I can’t seduce—” I inhale deeply and draw back to the memories of hers. That clumsy woman, that beautiful vulnerable yet smart woman who walked today at the office. 

“Tell me why are you here?” Jennifer’s voice echoes and I shut off my brain to ponder about that lady further. It makes me sick to my stomach. I need some help to let her out from my fucking brain even though I know I can’t. She is fucking with my brain rent free. 

“Well—” I pause and let out a soft breath before starting again with my dark chapter named ‘Obsession’. “I think I am getting back to where I almost overcame.” I say and lean forward to rest my elbows on my knees. 

“Elaborate—” She says with a straight calm voice. I know she is deadly serious about this issue.

“I think I am obsessed with something that can never be mine.” I say mildly, trying to make myself calm as soon as possible while playing with a piece of chain in my hand, poking the diamond of the chain before shoving it back to my pocket.

“Hm, is it about something or someone? Clarify.” She says and my jaw clenches in anger but I remain silent. “Someone—” I reply and she begins to observe me with her squinted eyes which make my eyes roll. “Then she might be someone special.” She says and another chuckle leaves from my mouth.

“No.” 

Yes.

She is indeed special but my ego is so fucking big that I would never accept that. Never.

“Then why is the reason for being obsessed with someone who is not special to you?” She asks and I poke my tongue on my left cheek, feeling anxious and frustrated. “Taehyung, if you don’t elaborate the matter and keep hiding everything from me then I have to say sorry because I can’t help you with your ‘Insanely obsessed’ terms, honestly.” She says calmly.