Flowers?

I awoke in the stranger's bed. I looked at the blankets and they were fleece. I looked to the side and saw flowers. There were pink roses and ivy. I started to think. That's when I heard a knock.

"I'm awake."

I answered. I looked at the door and saw the man that I had bumped into. I finally got a better look at him. He was pretty tall, and had pretty shaggy brown hair. He had a bit of a muscular build, enough to be a lumberjack or a big game hunter. But that's when I saw his eyes. They were golden. I have never seen eyes like that. I shifted a bit but he somehow calmed my nerves. He placed his hand on my leg and started to smile.

"Don't worry, I kept an eye on you most of the night. You were pretty still."

He whispered with a smile. I looked away. Those eyes were captivating. I felt him get closer and saw him and slowly reach my face. He placed his hand on my cheek and felt the tears run down my cheeks.

"Why cry little lady? Are my hands too rough for your delicate skin?"

"Nono, it's not you. It's my home. I left my chickens there.. with that beast."

"Well, if it makes you feel better, I can go check on them."

"I do not wish for you to get hurt."

"Don't worry little lady, I've dealt with farm animals and beasts."

 I started to get out of the bed when he gently grabbed my thigh. Something was strange about this man.

"It's better if you rest. I promise I'll make sure everything is alright."

"Be careful with Henrietta, she's a troublemaker."

He just chuckled.

"Many hens are. Just be careful, I'll return. Which house is it?"

"The coop is facing down the river. The front door is facing the forest."

"Got it."

He gently caressed my cheek and helped me back into bed. I felt weak for an odd reason. He then stood to his feet and started leaving the room.

"Wait!"

He turned to face me.

"I never got your name."

"Ryan."