Pressing Matters

Dýr's mangled nose twitched slightly. Líf took notice of this and raised herself just a little, sensing something coming this way. The other two wolves took notice of the deities' posture and got ready for a fight. Dýr and Líf walked past the two wolves and stood their ground. Líf opened her wings and stretched, making herself appear bigger than what she was. Dýr's empty socket started to leak fluid thick and black as ink, while his ghostly fog rolled in making Fáel's fur stand on edge.

"Get out of here!"

The ground began to rumble as Fáel grabbed Fáelán by the nape of his neck and ran for both of their lives. Dýr and Líf stood their ground as the two wolves escaped from their sight. Suddenly, Maansiirtokone burst through the ground and stared down the two immortal beings. His large snake-like mouth curled into a smile when his eyes made contact with Dýr and Líf. A black fog slowly rolled in around Dýr's body as a thick black substance started leaking from his empty socket. Líf knew this anger very well, she honestly never thought she'd see this side of her lover again.

"So this is where you two have been hiding. And to think you of all entities would stoop down to a mortal level, Dýr."

"Líf has shown me how much a mortal's life is actually worth. Until you, I have seen what they go through. It's worth more than what you expected!"

"You've grown weak. Pathetic."

Dýr snarled at the giant, the thick liquid dripped down some of his teeth and down his jaw. Líf flew up on Dýr's shoulder and stood tall. Maansiirtokone chuckled, making the ground tremble. Líf was never the intimidating type but she was just as angry as her lover. They both despised the giant before them.

"Come now Líf, we all know you're not the intimidating type. It was always the big bad grim reaper to invoke fear in everyone's eyes, meanwhile, you were always the sweet spirit who offered comfort to those mortals."

The thick liquid oozed down his jaw faster as he got ready to slash at Maansiirtokone with his scythe-like claws. He didn't even more before Maansiirtokone started cackling. His large fangs were approximately twenty feet in length. His long forked tongue flicked as he raised himself much higher than Dýr could ever jump. Maansiirtokone smiled once more at the failed attempt but it quickly faded when he heard Dýr chuckling.

"What is so funny?"

"You are so focused on destroying me and Líf that you don't even bother examining your surroundings or even think of what would happen if either of us were to die."

Maansiirtokone lowered himself to the immortals level and stared. Líf then realized what Dýr was talking about. It was impossible to end them because their days would just reset. All the way back to square one. But then, Dýr started cackling, snapping her out of her thoughts. Maansiirtokone wasn't like them, he was a mortal being. That's when Líf noticed a few missing scales on Maansiirtokone's belly.