Escape

I felt like I had been running for days, my shoulder hurt from slamming into the wooden doors. I was gasping for air, hearing a loud snarling coming behind me. I was far too tired from running.

"Elena...! Please...help us..."

I almost collapsed. Falling to my knees.

"Henrietta, fly to the window. Awaken our sweet Elena for help."

I let go of Henrietta, finally collapsing. I felt my mind slipping into darkness. Before everything went dark, I saw a warm glow. Henrietta did it! My sweet baby got Elena! I tried to lift my head but I was too weak. My head dropped. I heard a pair of feet running towards me, and soft shouting. I felt myself floating, my eyes fluttered, seeing Elana. I smiled softly and rested my head back down.

"Thank..you.."

I fell back asleep. Floating through darkness, feeling a calm warmth. I then felt something warm and wet be placed on my forehead. I then heard Elana humming, her sweet voice humming a lovely tune. Elana always had a beautiful singing voice, and could soothe the most fussy baby in this village if she so pleased.

"Static? Are you awake dear?"

"Yes, I'm awake."

I then heard Henrietta's wings flapping. I open my eyes wider, seeing her fly over and land on my belly.

"She came in through my window. Clucking up a storm actually. Then she flew out and I saw you!"

I chuckled softly.

"I told her to wake you. You were right, Ryan is not who he seemed."

"I warned you darling, I knew something was wrong with him. I have never seen him before."

"I'm so sorry Elana."

I started sobbing but Henrietta cuddled up to me and Elana hugged me.

"Don't worry darling. You will find someone who treats you like the beautiful queen that you are. I promise."

She played with my hair, offering comfort.

"Don't worry darling. I promise you that you'll be pampered and hopefully have a sweet baby just like you."