Honoring Elana's Memory

I have known Elana since my parents died. She was like a mother to me. I remembered the last thing she said to me. I've been thinking about it since Ryan took me out of the village. Tears started to fall down my cheeks. She taught me everything I know. Every recipe that my mother had made was kept in a journal, written in code that now only I know. Since Elana helped me decode it, I now know them all.

"I am truly sorry malady. I had no control over myself. I didn't mean to harm your family."

This was a new voice. It wasn't Ryan. I turned around to see a smaller and skinnier man. I then realized that he must've been the large wolf that murdered Elana. I lowered my head.

"My apologies, I'm Fáelán. But mortals call me Louie."

"Right."

"I truly am. I am the youngest of my brothers. I'm still trying to control the wolf deep inside of me."

"I understand."

He lowered his head. Much like a puppy being scolded. I smiled softly walking over to him. I gently placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Would you mind helping me with her funeral?"

He looked over at me, confused. He tilted his head, much like a puppy.

"Me? Are you sure?"

"Yes, it would clear the air. Some closure would be nice."

He smiled softly. Then he nodded his head. We both smiled and walked to Elana's home. Tears flooded my eyes but I breathed softly. I calmed myself down as we walked inside. Seeing the body draped in lace. We both walked closer and kneeled. I started whispering a prayer. Louie then bowed his head and started whispering something in a strange language. Once our prayers were finished, we both got up and slowly walked out.

"What were you whispering?"

"Pardon?"

"The prayer, what language was it?"

He looked away, like he was a child hiding something. I saw his eyes dart around as if he was looking around for watchful eyes and listening ears.

"What is it?"

"Shhh..."

I looked around. Nothing to be seen. I tried listening for anything. Nothing to be heard. I was confused at first, but then a thought popped in my head. Since he's part wolf, could he hear and see much better than I can? He looked around and grabbed my hand.

"Listen, I'm going to take you somewhere but you cannot tell Fáel."

I nodded my head. He then pulled me close and lifted me up. Running faster than I've ever seen a human go. I heard him huffing and then he started to slow down. We arrived at a clearing. Many stones were placed on the ground. Making some sort of runes and circles. I was confused as to why he brought me here.

"Where are we?"

"Fáel, Ulf, Véttr, Dýr, and me."

He pointed to the different runes. Switching as he said the names. Must be his other brothers, at least the ones I haven't met yet.