Confronting Dýr

I looked up at the creature. Seeing the frosty white fur clash with the cole black fur. The fog then separated, making a clear path. I stood my ground as Dýr started to slow down and eventually came to a halt.he lowered his head to my level while huffing, making some dust fly into the air. His one eye glowed and shimmered. I held up the bottle, making sure he saw it.

"I propose an exchange!"

I called out to him. His head pulled away but he seemed intrigued. His ears twitched as he started to lie down. His boney paw dug into the dirt as he placed the other on top. I knew I had his attention. I looked to the bottle then back at the mighty wolf in front of me, taking in a deep breath.

"I will return this bottle to you if you give me the information I need!"

His mangled ear twitched. The left part of his snout twitched as well. He seems annoyed that I won't just willingly give it to him. I may have healed him, but I needed information. The fog then started to swirl around us, he then started to snarl.

"Do we have a deal?"

"We do. Now, put the bottle back where you've stolen it from."

I started walking towards the wolf. He watched my everymove. I approached his rib cage and gathered all of my strength. I walked in and walked to the spot where I found the bottle. I set it down and started to exit the wolf's ribs. Once I was out I returned to my spot.

"Now, for your end of our exchange. You wanted knowledge. What knowledge do you seek?"

"I want to know exactly what is in that bottle."

Dýr started chuckling. But then he suddenly stopped. Realizing I was dead serious. He then started to stand up. He then looked at me and started to walk over to the large ribcage. I followed and stood next to him, looking up at him. Seeing a single tear run down his cheek.

"It's her soul. This was her body. I kept it so I will always have something to remember her."

I sighed and hugged Dýr's boney leg. I knew his pain was true.

"Dýr, you need to let her go. I promise that it'll help you feel better. I'll even be here for you. So you don't have to go through this alone."

Dýr started to whimper. He lowered himself to my level and allowed me to retrieve the bottle. I went in and retrieved it. He inhaled deeply and exhaled softly. He was ready. I walked out and looked up at him.

"May I have the honor?"

"You may."

I held the bottle up to him and he grabbed the cork with one of his teeth, pulling it until it made an audible pop. the beautiful blue then flew out of the bottle as Dýr spat out the cork. He looked up as a beautiful sky blue hawk formed in front of him. More tears fell down as he watched.

"Thank you my love."

The hawk whispered. Dýr then howled and opened a gateway. Allowing the hawk to fly into it. The fog then dissipated and Dýr lowered his head. Whimpering more and more.