Visiting Elena

I awoke at dawn. Stretching and seeing the sun slowly peek through the leaves. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I stood up and started getting dressed. Once I was fully dressed, I picked up my basket and started feeding Henrietta. Once it was empty, I took it to the village and started shopping.

"Static? Static is that you?"

"Elena!"

I ran over and hugged her tight. I missed her so much.

"What happened to your home? Your chickens?"

"Did you not hear? There's a beast in those woods. It ate them..."

Her eyes went soft. I smiled at her, trying to offer comfort. She chuckled.

"So, what brings you back to our tiny village."

"Just some supplies. Some food and some things to make food."

"I see."

I walked away, bidding her farewell. I went to the bakery, butcher, fruit stand, and even the fishery. I gathered some herbs and spices and started heading to my old home to gather some things for dinner tonight. I gathered some wood and hay for a fire and some bowls and plates. I walked through the dark forest and straight into Ryan's cabin. I laid everything down and started cooking. I started cooking the meat, turning it in the pan, and making sure it was cooked enough. I added some herbs and spices to it to make it at least a little better. That's when I heard the door open. I looked around but was focused back on cooking.

"Hello? Little lady?"

"I'm making dinner."

"Ah, that's what I smell."

He chuckled. I just smiled and continued with dinner.