The Beast Returns

Thump Thump Thump

"What? Hello? Elena?"

"Shhh my dear. There is something outside. A BEAST! Larger than life! It's killing everything that moves. Be still."

Thump Thump Thump

"Stay here Darling. I promised your family that I would protect you. I'm keeping that promise."

She then kissed my head as tears ran down her cheeks. Tears ran down mine as I suddenly realized what she was about to do.

"Elana, please, don't do this."

"My Darling, you have been like a daughter to me. You have made your family so proud. You're an amazing young lady. I'm proud of you."

More tears fell as she got up and ran outside. I wanted to scream but nothing came out. I couldn't stop her. I watched as the beast ran towards her. Though, something was off. The eyes weren't red. They were a golden color. That's when he pounced on Elana. He tore into her throat and pulled it away. She didn't look at me. Not a single glance, she had completed her job. The job that my parents have bestowed upon her.

"Oh sweet Elana, I promise that your memory will go on."

That's when the beast suddenly looked up. Snarling in my direction. It must've heard me! It got low then started slowly walking over to me. Its muzzle dripped with blood. Its jaw slowly opened, as it got ready to lunge.I braced myself and closed my eyes tight, ready for the wolf to attack, but I felt a weight above me. I opened one eye to see what the weight was and it was an even bigger beast. The one I saw in the forest. The eyes were red and cold. I heard the wolf above start snarling at the one below. I was very confused as to why it was snarling but the other seemed to understand it and ran back into the forest. The larger wolf then went over to Elana's body and seemed...sad? Like he was mourning her death like I was. He let out a howl and more beasts arrived. Each one had different colored eyes. I could barely keep my eyes open anymore. Something was making me extra tired. My head dropped. The list ting I saw was the beast with red eyes approaching me.