Confession

When dinner was finished, I grabbed Fáel's hand and led him away from the table and into the little forest. As we walked, I thought about everything that I would tell him. I was a bit nervous about telling him how I felt but then again, he was brave enough to tell me that he loved me. As we walked, I would glance at him and saw that he had a dusting of red on his cheeks. I smiled and stopped at a tree stump, I motioned for him to sit on the stump and he nodded before plopping down and looking up at me. I took a deep breath in and slowly let it out.

"So, the reason why I brought you out here is because I have something to say."

He visibly got nervous about what I was talking about. I wonder what he was thinking about? I pulled myself away from those thoughts and smiled at him before I took a deep breath in and slowly exhaled.

"When you told me how you felt, I felt my stomach twirl and flip. And, I'll be perfectly honest with you."

I saw him gulp, his eyes shown that he was absolutely terrified about what I was going to say. Hanging in every word that came from my mouth.

"When you said that you loved me, I feel the same way about you. When we first met, I felt my heart skip a beat. And every time I'm around you, I have that same feeling. I feel my heart skip a beat and my stomach flip and flutter."

When he looked up at me, I saw so much happiness in his eyes. I smiled and he offered his hand to me. I took it and he gently kissed the top of my hand. I giggled and he looked up at me before scooping me up and carried me back to the little cabin. She approached us and smiled even brighter.

"I can see that everything went well."

"Quite well, your daughter did have me hanging on every word but when she said that she felt the same way about me, I became so overjoyed!"

My mother had tears in her eyes from being so happy. Fáel set me down on the ground and my mother hugged us both tightly. My father then joined us and placed a hand on Fáel's shoulder, sharing a happy smile and a hardy laugh. He was a proud and happy man. 

"I'm proud of you both, you remind me of a young man who met a beautiful young lady."

"Oh come now Milo, I think they both know that you're talking about us when we first met."

We both giggled as my father made a guilty but happy expression. He knew my mother was right, we both knew that he was talking about how he and my mother met. Elena used to tell me about how they met, a beautiful story of a farmer and a bread maker. I used to ask her to tell me that story before falling asleep. I then looked at Fáel and smiled.

"I have a question actually."

"What is it?"

"Do you think we can bring my parents back home? Back to the village?"

"I don't see why not, what do you both think?"

Mother and Father looked at each other as tears flooded their eyes. They then looked back at us and nodded their heads yes. They both started sniffling as they hugged me and Fáel very tight. They haven't been back to the village in so many years.

"I shall tell my brothers and we will help you back to your home, and if you need anything please don't be afraid to ask."

"Thank you so much, we both appreciate your help."

Fáel nodded and smiled before leaving to tell his brothers the plan to help my parents get back to their home in the village they worked so hard in. My mother hugged me tight and asked me if anything had changed since they've been gone or if there were new ways of trading and new trading routes.