A Visitor

As me and Henrietta finished up our pieces of apple tart, we felt the ground tremble beneath our feet. Henrietta quickly flew up into my lap. I held her tight as the entrance suddenly opened. We both heard a low growl and quickly ran to Ulf's bedroom. I peaked out a little but didn't see anything. Henrietta then peaked with me only to hide from the rumbling growl.

"Shhh my dear. We need to stay quiet."

Her clucking softened a little and I held her close. I expected to see wolf paws coming down the stone stairs but what I saw weren't paws. They were hooves. Cloven hooves like a deer. It was only a pair but when they walked, they made a soft click. Then another pair of cloven hooves came trotting down and stood behind the first pair.

"What's that delicious aroma?"

"I'm unsure. But it's most definitely a human creation."

The second voice was most definitely female. Seeing her walk around and hearing her sniff the air. The first voice I couldn't really tell. It was a bit rough but then it had a somewhat sweetness to it. Suddenly, I saw a giant pair of clawed feet walk down.

"What are you two doing?"

The voice sounded sweet and friendly but something about his tone was...scary. His claws clicked against the marble floor. As he approached the female, and whispered something to her. She then started walking to where the kitchen was while the other cloven hoofed creature followed close behind. The boss then started walking towards Ulf's bedroom where me and Henrietta were hiding. I held my breath, seeing the dagger-like claws approach the bed. Tears began to run down my cheeks as he investigated the room. Almost like he was hunting me.

"Boss! Look! Someone has been here recently! They left out food!"

The female came trotting out with what I assume to be the apple tart I made. The other came walking over crunching on something.

"There's fresh apples in the kitchen too. They should've been dust by now since Ulf was locked away for years."

The boss hummed and then growled, making the ground rumble. I held Henrietta closer as more tears flowed down my cheeks. The clawed creature then stopped growling. He mumbled something and the other hoofed creatures exited the room. Then, a clawed hand swiftly grab the bed and rip it away!

"Peek a boo."