Illness

Something was wrong with Ryan when he arrived at my home. He had his clothes ripped to shreds with open wounds.

"We must go, little lady. It's not safe here for you or Henrietta. Please, gather your belongings and I will escort you to my cabin."

I looked down at Henrietta and back up to Ryan. He was serious, our safety was in danger. I then rushed to grab a few clothes and my candle holder. It meant a lot to me. I then rushed to my basket and started filling it with Henrietta's favorite meal. We then made our way to Ryan and walked back to his cabin. He seemed to be on high alert, could there be more? Could the beast still be alive? Questions filled my mind until I smelt something. It smelt woodsy. I brushed it off as we entered the cabin.

"You okay little lady?"

"Yes, I'm alright."

He tilted his head and looked at me concerned. I gave him a soft smile but suddenly felt weak. I blinked a few times to try and refocus my vision but it didn't seem to work. He quickly took my hand and led me to the kitchen table.

"Here, sit here. I'm gonna make you some tea."

That's when he got up and went towards a kettle. He poured in some water from the lake and started a fire. My eyelids grew heavy as I heard the kettle start to whistle. I barely saw what kind of tea it was going to be. That's when he walked over carrying a couple cups and the kettle. I then saw him set the cups down and walk back to a cutting board. He then sliced open a lemon and brought it over. He then poured a beautiful blue tea and squeezed the lemon into it, changing its color. I smiled as I saw it change.

"It's beautiful."

"It'll help you feel better."

I sipped the tea and hummed. My vision then started to refocus and I didn't feel too weak anymore. I was confused but again I brushed it off.