12 An Unfortunate Incident

While the house of the Bright Yellow Water members was suffused with excitement, the ninjas were still quietly training their cutting skills. Several more hours had passed by and the wall of the room had been filled with boxes that were stuffed with the dices, slices, strips, and rings of various ingredients until right under the ceiling. Now, only three more ingredients were leftover to be handled before the boxes could be shipped off to their recipients.

Just then, an alarm sounded from the last row of ninjas.

Everyone stopped in their task and turned to look, their gazes dark. They were trying to focus here, alright? Couldn't he switch off his phone?

Si Shi Qi gave an embarrassed look in return and then took out his phone, checking who was disturbing them. As a result, his eyes widened and he almost flung his phone away.

Si Yi's gaze darkened when he saw this and he furrowed his brows. "What is it? If it's important, go and pick it up, if it isn't, you better turn it off and focus on cutting."

Si Shi Qi winced and then turned the phone around. "It's my sister."

This time, he wasn't scolded. The other ninjas pretty much had the same reaction as him. Si Shi Liu and Si Shi Ba even recoiled and pulled their tables aside a little as if they were afraid of contracting a horrible disease if they were too close. Even Si Yi who was clearly the most stoic member of the group of twenty showed a slightly worried expression. The only one who was still conscientiously continuing to cut his tofu was Si Jin who didn't bother about anything else.

Si Yi glanced at him before he turned back to Si Shi Qi. "Well, what do you want us to do? Just accept the call."

Si Shi Qi turned the phone back around, staring at the screen nervously. Accept the call ... it was so easy to say that. But he really didn't want to have to talk to her. "But what if ... What if she tries to find out something again? With my wife posting that on Weibo, she might be onto something."

Si Yi furrowed his brows further at that. This was true. Tao Jin posting was indeed giving Si Shi Qi's sister a hint as to what was going on. And with that woman, it was always difficult to make sure that she wouldn't realize something more.

In fact, it wasn't that the ninjas of the Si clan weren't allowed to divulge their identity to their families. After all, their fathers had served Si Jin's father and they as sons had inherited the position. This kind of thing was hard to hide from a spouse that you might spend more than half your life with. Thus, they would usually tell them after they had made sure that they were trustworthy. The same was true for the rest of their family.

It was just that Si Shi Qi's sister was a special case. That woman was a news reporter who took her job a little too seriously. Who knew what she would do if she found out about her brother's secret identity? After all, she had always felt that there was something going on that she had no knowledge of. If she managed to grab onto some information ... the consequences might be dire.

Having family know about this was one thing but letting everything be found out by the public would be different. It might even mean the end of the whole Si clan. In this day and age, could a ninja clan like theirs really exist if they weren't extremely careful?

There was a thin layer of sweat gathering on Si Shi Qi's forehead the longer he stared at his phone. He was afraid to answer but he also couldn't not answer. Otherwise, he would only make himself look more suspicious. With an expression of a martyr walking to his death, he finally answered his phone. "Hello?"

"Well, that took you long enough."

Si Shi Qi winced and then put her on speaker, making sure that the others could give him a sign when there was something he had to take note of. "I'm sorry. I was working on a document and wanted to finish that sentence so I wouldn't forget the thought."