122 The Wrong Person to Ask

The post was long so it was hard for the contestants to read everything but some sharp-eyed ones were able to at least make out some parts of it. Especially since Fan Mei had included pictures and Weibo posts. These were easy enough to read even at a distance so they had a rough guess what this was about.

Si Yi wasn't done yet though. "I guess it might be a bit difficult to read because of the length of the article. We have highlighted the important and made a list containing all of them. Let's have a closer look at that."

He pressed the arrow key, first showing the same picture as before but with parts highlighted in yellow. "If you want to make sure that we haven't changed anything, you are free to look the article up. It is still online as far as I am aware. At the very least, it was this morning and I haven't received any news that it was taken down since then."

Some of the contestants actually took out their phones. It wasn't necessarily because they didn't trust Si Yi but instead because even with the list he had announced, it might be difficult to read for those in the back. They just wanted to make sure that they didn't miss anything and could look it up themselves if it was necessary. After all, this had already become a major issue in the show.

They wanted to stay on top to find out what was really going on. If Fan Mei was right, then this meant that the first task might have been judged unfairly by Xiao Ming. If one of them were to be thrown out because of that task, they could probably argue for a do-over based on that. If she wasn't and was instead just randomly making trouble, then she would probably be thrown out. That would be one contestant less. And considering that she had done rather well on the first task, that would be a win for them.

Well, not that it wouldn't be either way. Only half of the contestants would be accepted into the second episode. While they wanted to win based on their own skills, most of them were nervous today and felt that they weren't able to truly show their best. So maybe being saved by the fact that somebody else had picked up a stone only to smash their own foot was indeed welcome.

Si Yi gave everyone enough time to make a decision and then pull out their phones if they wanted to before he continued to the list he had mentioned.

Some of the contestants immediately lowered their phones when they saw it. There actually wasn't much on the list, just a couple of bullet points, so they were more than big enough to read even from the back.

Si Yi glanced at Fan Mei but then just looked at the other contestants in general. He might be debating her but the important people here were the contestants and crew members because their perception would influence how things would be going forward. If they wanted young master Xiao to not get into even further trouble because of them, then his performance needed to be stellar.

He faintly tilted his head and motioned at the projected list. "Now, you can all see the points that we've noted down. I would suggest that we can go through them one by one to ensure that we haven't misrepresented what Ms. Fan wrote." He didn't wait for an answer and immediately brought up the first point. He didn't even need to look at the list. Needless to say, he had long learned everything he was going to show by heart just in case it might come up.

"Ms. Fan's first point of contention isn't about us but about Judge Xiao. I hope it is alright that we still included this but we felt that only this way could we give an honest representation of the article's content. Either way, what she remarks on is Judge Xiao's lacking fame."

Si Yi stopped talking for a moment, his brows furrowing slightly. "Now, I will admit that I am not all that familiar with food streaming in general. I do enjoy a good cooking show on TV or a stream online here and there and Judge Xiao's stream is one of those that I have looked at more often. I am no expert though. As such, I can only make a comparison based on numbers alone.