96 Not Too Surprising

That evening, Nin Sha made the news. Well, maybe it sounded a little too impressive if put like this. Actually, he merely made it onto the blogs of some people that had been at the event, as well as into the articles of a few of the journalists from the smaller journals that had been there.

In most of those posts, he was an amusing side note in one of the paragraphs, usually including the information that he was a contestant in 'Golden Spoon' and how had aced the cutting and frying contest but had had his trouble with the decorating one.

There were only two bloggers who gave Si Jin more space on their blog: the two who had been chosen from among the audience to judge the last contest. Naturally, they wanted to write as much as possible about this experience to make their post more interesting. Thus, they went into much greater detail than the other bloggers.

They started by describing who exactly the judges were, then added everything they had been able to find out about the participants of the contest they judged themselves, and then focused on Si Jin because he was the most interesting one among them. They actually went into great detail describing his process, but also didn't forget to include some references to the earlier contests even though they hadn't been there to actually watch them.

Still, they had asked around because people seemed to have been incredibly stunned that Si Jin would struggle this much. It had just been too obvious so they had wanted to get a better impression of what had been going on beforehand. Well, they both felt that it had been worth it.

Naturally, those posts were shared on Weibo. The female blogger had dug especially deep into Si Jin's story so she also found out about his being a fan of Xiao Ming's. She did know about Xiao Ming but wasn't a viewer of his stream so she wasn't completely up-to-date. When she saw the kind of reach that Bright Yellow Water currently had, she figured that it couldn't hurt to make use of that.

Cooking with a Thousand Spices: [Today, I got a glimpse of Xiao Ming's life. At the very least, I also got the chance to judge one of the contestants of 'Golden Spoon'. Have to say though, how did this guy make it into the first episode?]

Qian Huang was trying to stay on top of everything that was happening with 'Golden Spoon' and naturally, he would look at everything that had to do with their channel so he immediately noticed the post.

He raised his brows, and then clicked on the link that she had attached, reading through the blog post. When he got to the end, he turned to look over to where Xiao Ming was still cooking. "Do you want to know what Nin Sha was doing with the rest of his day?"

Xiao Ming looked over his shoulder, raising his brows. "Didn't we just try to not have to do as much with them? How come you want to tell me about him now? Or did Mister Ai tell you anything?"

Qian Huang felt awkward when that was Xiao Ming's first reaction and could only smile wryly. "Nothing from him yet. But I guess he also wouldn't have seen him yet. It seems like Nin Sha was pretty busy today."

Xiao Ming sighed and then waved for him to go ahead. Anyway, Qian Huang was clearly bursting with eagerness to tell him all about it. How could he ruin his fun?

Qian Huang happily rushed over and leaned against the cupboard next to him, waving his phone. "A blogger shared something on Weibo, saying they felt like you having to judge one of the contestants from 'Golden Spoon'. Turns out it was Nin Sha. There is some event in town right now that also had some small cooking contests as a fun side note. Nin Sha actually went there and tried everything and it turns out he sucks at decorating."

Xiao Ming looked up at that, a little surprised. The rice cake soup that Si Jin had made had been really good. It had actually made him wonder if this man had really only started cooking a couple weeks ago. It certainly hadn't seemed like it. But then, that dish didn't need much decorating, did it? He couldn't judge his skill in that regard.