37 The Truth Needs to Be Said

Qian Huang stared at the door with a complicated expression. He was of half a mind to rush after Xiao Ming to try and comfort him but finally, he remained where he was. With a sigh, he turned to Li Shui, his expression turning a little angry. "Couldn't you have given us a bit more of a warning? Did he really need to have to read that?"

Li Shui also looked over his shoulder, feeling guilty. While he had said that what the text described sounded eerily familiar, he probably hadn't been explicit enough that Xiao Ming was able to understand. It really would've been better to explain more.

Still, he felt that he hadn't necessarily done anything wrong. Turning back to Qian Huang, he shook his head. "You know, if this was auntie Zhang telling her niece to put something positive about us online or one of our friends from that time spilled the beans, I would've kept it to myself. Or maybe I would've told you so we can decide how to deal with it together. But the thing is, that's not what this is. Something is up here and I'm not sure if I like it. In any case, I don't think we can keep this from Xiao Ming. It's too big for that."

Qian Huang raised his brows and glanced at the screen of the laptop again. "Shi Ru Qiu ... Who exactly is that guy?" He himself wasn't much of a reader so he had never paid attention to what Xiao Ming was reading in his free time. He didn't think that he had ever really heard of the name. But just looking at the Weibo account of the person that had posted this text, he knew that he had a formidable following online. He clearly wasn't a small name author. If there was such a person among their acquaintances, they wouldn't have been able to keep it quiet. So this man was definitely a stranger. That begged the question: How did a stranger know so much about them?

When Qian Huang thought of that, he couldn't help but become worried again albeit for a different reason this time. Naturally, he didn't want to see Xiao Ming distressed. But Li Shui was right in that they had to ask themselves what the heck was going on here.

This person might have taken a bit of a creative license when it came to describing the feelings and some of the details but the overall story was precisely right. From the accident of auntie and uncle Xiao to Xiao Ming dropping out of culinary school before he had even been able to start and Li Shui and him finally convincing him to move in together and start 'Bright Yellow Water' with them in a last attempt to live his dream.

All of that was true. And he didn't even want to think about what the second half of the text might look like. From Li Shui's expression, he knew that it should be even more accurately presenting their situation. That couldn't be a coincidence. "Was there any clue at all why he did this? You've read the whole text, haven't you?"

Li Shui shook his head. "I did and he mentioned that our channel somehow inspired him to some kind of short story the other day so when he saw what that Misses Youya had written, he got angry and felt that he needed to make things clear. He actually apologized at the end." Li Shui's expression was dismayed when he said so. What about that apology? Since he had already posted things online, apologizing also wouldn't change anything.

Qian Huang also furrowed his brows when he heard that. "Why that?" It seemed a little strange. He was helping them in a way, right? After all, he was criticizing Misses Youya who had been badmouthing them. So why would he apologize?

Li Shui just nodded to the screen though. "Just read on. You'll understand when you've read it."

Qian Huang raised his brows but still turned back to the laptop, reading on. In any case, he wanted to thoroughly understand what was going on. What did this person have to say about the things that had happened after 'Bright Yellow Water' had finally been established?

[Things aren't easy for you and neither are they for your friends. For a long time, you can't help but wonder if you dragged them down with you, if you really did the right things. The hardships that you face ... you don't feel like it is right that they have to face them alongside you.