48 The Judges' Verdict

The camera might not have been filming the place where the other two stood, but it wasn't like Si Shi Wu was alone. Coincidentally, Qian Huang had just looked over and noticed Si Shi Wu's expression that could only be said to be malevolent. He didn't know what this guy had just done on his phone, but he felt like something was definitely up with that. He shuddered, and then turned back to the steamer, feeling that it was better to just focus on cooking. Xiao Ming had been completely right: It was best not to think about anything else that was unrelated and just focus on the things that could do. Even though he couldn't actually cook, it was still better to pretend he could for the time being. He really didn't want to think about what this Ai Gui Jin was doing or not. He probably wouldn't like what he came up with otherwise.

When Xiao Ming and Ren Ya Hui and back, the water in the steamer had been boiling for quite some time. Xiao Ming looked at Qian Huang with a faint smile and he tilted his head. "So, how is it, contestant Qiang? Have you finished steaming already or do we still need to wait?"

Qian Huang pondered and lifted the lid to get a better look at the couple of buns inside. He really wasn't quite sure how to answer this question but he finally just nodded. "Yes, they should be done by now." In any case, the viewers wouldn't be able to taste them and he felt like they shouldn't be that bad.

Xiao Ming nodded and then motioned over to the other side of the kitchen block where the cupboards with the plates and bowls hung. "Then please plate your dish."

Qian Huang nodded and went to get a bowl and a ladle. He then scooped out the buns from the steamer and threw them in the bowl. Looking at the sad-looking buns in the plain bowl, he realized that this wouldn't work. Even if the viewers couldn't taste it, they still had eyes to see. He coughed, put down the bowl, and went back to the other side to get a plate as well.

What had Xiao Ming said in that live stream? You could combine two dishes to make it look more awesome. At the very least, that was what he had understood. Qian Huang searched around for a bit and finally found a dark blue plate, that he felt looked quite decent. Carrying it back over, he put the bowl on top, and then looked from Xiao Ming to Si Shi Wu and then hurriedly back again, when he remembered how the latter had looked over before. He really wondered how he had offended that guy.

Seeing that Qian Huang stopped moving, Ren Ya Hui spoke up. "So, are you finished, Mister Qian? Can the judges have a taste now?"

Qian Huang nodded and pushed the bowl over to Xiao Ming, waiting for his verdict.

Xiao Ming took his chopsticks, picked up one of the buns, and then gave it a taste. His expression ... looked a little underwhelmed.

He chewed for a while and then gulped it down before he put down the chopsticks. Qian Huang felt as if his heart was suspended in the air, and stared at him eagerly. Even though he didn't care about cooking himself and even though he wasn't a real contestant on the show so that nothing was relying on this, he was anxious about the result.

Meanwhile, Si Shi Wu also picked up a pair of chopsticks, stretched out his arm, and also raised a bun out of the bowl. Taking a bite, his expression immediately changed, making him look as if he was pondering if maybe he should spit it right back out. He persevered though and finally gulped it down.

Really, he suddenly felt that young master Xiao was really awesome. He had actually managed to keep a calm look on his face after eating this. Either he had gotten extremely lucky and coincidentally picked a better one, or he was really good at keeping a poker face. Well, if it was the latter, it would really be good. Considering their master's facial paralysis, they had really worried about whether or not young master Xiao would be scared off. But if he himself was also able to do something like this, then the understanding between the two men would definitely be better. Yes, that was the one good thing that came out of this mess.