143 All He Longed For

Fan Mei blinked her eyes in surprise. This Shi Ru Qiu had been a lot more approachable than Si Jin and his assistant or her brother and his wife when it came to this matter. Even though he didn't believe that there was any bribery going on, he at least admitted that that Si Jin would be willing to do so! Somehow, she felt understood.

Si Qi looked at her and smiled faintly. "Ms. Fan is looking at me as if you finally found your soulmate. Really, don't take it too seriously. It's just a matter of those of us who are nurturing an unrequited love being able to understand each other. Over time, when the feelings don't dissipate, you will just do even more outrageous things."

The smile on his lips actually turned wider. "You know, if you don't go out to look for a conspiracy for once, you'll see that it is actually quite amusing when seen from the outside. That man actually bought ten-thousand onions, forced himself to cut them in record time, then still announced it online himself and had to give an interview because he somehow needed to get rid of them and felt donating such an amount was a good idea. Isn't that hilarious?"

Fan Mei's lips twitched. Actually, she hadn't thought about it like that. Even now that Si Qi was bringing it up, she wasn't sure if she should think of this as being hilarious. It was a bit ... pitiful, actually. The kind of move where you could only stare blankly and wonder if his brain was still alright.

"He has so much money. Why is he demeaning himself so much?" Learning how to cook was one thing. Even asking a Michelin-starred chef to teach him so he could woo the person he liked was not that embarrassing considering they were friends. But announcing it online for everyone to see? Yes, now that Si Qi mentioned it, she realized that Si Jin was making a fool out of himself completely without her help. Did she really need to write articles about him?

Si Qi sighed and poked at the food in front of him that somehow didn't seem as appetizing anymore. "You don't even want to know what kind of things I have done over the years to try and get Si Yi's attention. Si Jin ..." He put on a thoughtful expression, not sure how much he should say.

When it came to Xiao Ming, he had told him a lot about their master's personal history and the little emotion he showed. He hadn't thought it would be a bad thing because, in the end, it would heighten the understanding between them. With Fan Mei, things were different though. Did she need to understand? Although then again, it was better to get her off their backs so maybe this would still be in their best interest.

Well, since he had already started, he naturally wouldn't get around it. Fan Mei immediately perked up when she sensed that he seemed willing to say something about her suspect. "What's with Mister Si?"

Si Qi's expression was still a little complicated. "I guess I can't tell you much that you don't already know in this regard. Just take one look at his face and you'll know that he isn't somebody who can easily express his emotions. His comments on the channel of 'Bright Yellow Water' are exactly the same.

"He ... he has no idea how to deal with his feelings. The only thing he can do is to go like a bull at a gate. Admitting his feelings in the comments, offering to do tasks for him he believes Mister Xiao might need to get done, throwing money in his direction or heart-shaped rice cakes into the bowl he presents to him ... Have you seen anybody who is worse at trying to win somebody's heart?"

Honestly, when he compared his approach and his master's, he always felt that he was much better at trying to seduce people. At the very least, he was able to facilitate meetings and spend some time together. And other than in recent times, Si Yi had still been willing to accompany him quite often. It was only these days that he was rejecting him more and more.

Si Qi shook his head, trying not to think about it any further. "Anyway, Mister Si isn't good at wooing people. Mister Xiao probably didn't even realize that the other side was interested."