67 Supporting the Love of Her Life

Si Yi and Tao Jin seemed to have come to some silent understanding. One of them would start a topic and the other would immediately jump in, very happily conversing and hardly letting the others get in even a single word. Well, not that Si Jin would be interested in getting involved.

The master of the Si clan was very seriously taking care of the task he had been given by Si Shi Wu and was tasting one dish after the other, trying to figure out the ingredients that had been used, as well as the cooking method. He wasn't sure if there were errors in his deductions but he kept all of it in mind for later reference. They could go over things when Si Shi Wu returned in the evening.

On the other hand, the other two were getting rather frustrated. Fan Mei naturally wasn't happy that she wasn't able to interrogate Si Jin and Si Yi any further while Si Shi Qi was looking at Si Yi and his wife, feeling a sense of crisis. That was his wife, ah! Had Si Yi forgotten about that?! Why did it seem as if she would run off with him any moment now?!

Just thinking of the possibility, he was inconsolable. In any case, among the members of the Si clan, their numbers also determined their standing. After their master, Si Yi was definitely the person that was the most valued. He as number fifteen really couldn't compare.

But he had felt that in his private life, he was still a notch above the others. In any case, he had managed to get a wife like Tao Jin. That had to say a lot about him, right? He had to be a pretty impressive guy for that.

Now though, he couldn't help but entertain the idea of whether he had only gotten this chance because Tao Jin hadn't really met the other members of the clan before. Now that she had, would she reconsider their relationship? Ah, this was breaking his heart!

He really wanted to write Si Yi a message, telling him to knock it off already but he didn't dare to. For one, there was still his sister around who might catch onto something, and second, how would he dare to talk to Si Yi like that? If he wanted to run off with his wife, he would probably have to congratulate them on their wedding day no matter how he felt inside. He really hoped that he wouldn't have to though.

Naturally, Si Shi Qi didn't need to worry about that. Si Yi was merely trying to buy time until their master had finished tasting all the dishes. On the other hand, Tao Jin was still working hard to make sure that her husband wouldn't get into trouble.

He had told her about the blunder the other day and all the ins and outs behind it since she had been directly involved in this matter with Fan Mei anyway. So she naturally felt that she should work harder to help him.

The fact that Si Yi was quick on the uptake actually made it rather easy for her as well. As for private thoughts on him ... Well, he was nice enough and he could be considered a good-looking guy but she was already happily married. Shi Qi, or Fan Ming as she had originally gotten to know him, was the love of her life. And she cared about the Si clan because he cared about it. If he ever left the ninjas, she would follow him. But as long as he regarded these people as his brothers, she would do anything to help.

As for her husband's thoughts ... Tao Jin had a faint inkling that there was something going on inside that head of his but she currently didn't have the time to care about that. She would reassure him after they got home tonight.

Finally, Si Jin had tasted the last dish and put down his chopsticks, opening his eyes. To him, this dinner was done now. So he fully intended to leave as soon as possible.

Needless to say, Si Yi immediately picked up on that. Right now, getting out of this might be troublesome though. Especially since their master had just finished eating, that Fan Mei might want to take the opportunity to bother him again. If they wanted to just leave, then they needed an external reason to do so.