34 Restoring Young Master Xiao's Reputation

Meanwhile, the other ninjas left the room where they had been reading Si Er's post. In any case, the drama was already over so there was nothing else to see so they might as well go and do their own thing.

The only one left in there was Si Qi. He looked at the screen with a contemplative expression, finally clicking his tongue, and shaking his head. "He really abused the exclamation mark there. But I guess that also makes it seem more authentic." Si Qi sighed, and then left the room as well, returning to his own.

Si Er had just managed to do something important for the Si clan by posting this on his own accord. While it couldn't necessarily wash Young Master Xiao's name white again, it was at least able to pour enough dirty water on the other side to make her claims look much less credible. This was a step in the right direction.

Now, what was left was to make sure that everyone who had seen the original assumptions about the relationship between Young Master Xiao and their master would be shown that things were actually completely different. Doing so would be his task. And he had to make sure that he did not disappoint with the result.

Si Qi let himself fall onto the couch, leaned against the armrest, and stretched his legs out over the seats. Then, he grabbed his notebook from the coffee table and opened up the draft that he had already started working on.

The only way to get completely rid of this accusation that Misses Youya had made was to show the people the truth and have it come from somebody who was reliable and had a good reputation so nobody would feel like it was tampered with.

It also needed to be more emotionally investing than the post that Misses Youya wrote. After all, people would more easily click on something that promised them some scandal or at least drama. Negative headlines would always sell better. So if he wanted to get people to read and share something wholesome, it would need to be especially good. It needed to speak to people's fears and their greatest hopes. If he could achieve that, then he had a chance to succeed and turn everything around before 'Golden Spoon' finally started three weeks from now.

Thankfully, the story of 'Bright Yellow Water' was one that was just perfect to write a text like that. He wouldn't need to make up anything at all. Just writing it appropriately would be enough.

For the next five hours, Si Qi stayed in this very same place, only getting up to get some tea after half the time was over, and taking a small break to think about what he had just written before he continued. What was left afterward was to revise it and then edit it some more so nothing was left to chance. For this one, every single word would count.

By the time he finally finished with the last touch-up, it was already late at night. He put the notebook down on the table and stretched, taking a look at his watch. Sighing, he pondered for a moment. He usually went to ask for Si Yi's feedback. At this time though ... he wasn't quite sure if it would still be alright to go. Then again ...

His expression turned subtle and he finally stood up. Holding the notebook below his arm, Si Qi went over. He sharply knocked on the door and then entered after Si Yi called him in.

Si Yi looked up from where he had been reading through some documents, raising his brows questioningly.

Si Qi smiled and walked over, motioning at the notebook. "I finished the article about Young Master Xiao and 'Bright Yellow Water'. Do you want to take a look? I know that this is very important so I don't want to allow for any mistakes."

Si Yi gave a hum and put the document to the side, leaning back. "I can do so. It's pretty late though. You should go to sleep while I read through it."

Si Qi sat down next to him and put the notebook down in front of them to show him the document. "It's alright. Knowing your reading speed, it likely won't take long. I'll just sit here and rest a bit if you don't mind. If there's anything I need to change, I'd rather have it done immediately so we can post it tomorrow."