99 A Field Trip to the Kitchen

The matter with Si Er had been cleared up and even though Si Yi wasn't happy with Si Shi Er's boyfriend suddenly moving in and some of the other ninjas were quite confused about the matter, things went back to normal. The ninjas of the Si clan went out the next day as well, mingling with other people to keep up the pretense that they weren't a secret ninja clan.

On the other hand, the three men from Bright Yellow Water focused on their work: Today was the day when 'Golden Spoon' would publish the first video from the casting, this one being the one that detailed how Tao Jin had done.

While she had cooked a dish that she knew and practiced several times, meaning that she was actually quite good at it, she still couldn't compare to some people that had been cooking a variety of things for several years or to the members of the Si clan that had had special training. As such, to save face for the national goddess while still being able to gain some publicity thanks to her, the show had decided to not treat her like a normal contestant but instead like somebody that had been invited as a special guest to give more insight into the show.

As such, Tao Jin wouldn't appear in the actual first episode but the material about her would be posted as a special ahead of time on the halfway mark between the actual date of the casting and the time that the episode around it would be broadcasted online and on TV. The special was online-only so it was especially the younger viewers that were targeted this way.

Right at the time when the episodes would usually start and the other small snippets that the crew had prepared were uploaded, the special went up as well.

The person to first appear wasn't Tao Jin but E Cheng Jun instead. She smiled into the camera, waving at the audience. "Hello everybody! Welcome to a special mini-episode of 'Golden Spoon'.

"After the announcement this past weekend, you're hopefully looking forward to the first episode proper that will show you everything you need to know about the casting. Until it's time, we are going to tide you over with a special episode that you definitely wouldn't want to miss!

"If there's one person the whole nation would agree to be the most gorgeous woman that has ever walked the earth, then that would be our national goddess, Tao Jin. Now, have you ever seen your goddess cook?" She winked at the camera when she said so, clearly daring the people to do just that.

"Some of you might have as she's taken part in several TV shows over the course of her career one of which asked her to prepare a special dish. Today, for the second time in her life, goddess Tao Jin will be cooking in front of the camera!"

The camera cut to a room that was currently still empty but people were walking in and out, changing that fast. While the message just now had been recorded after the casting when everything had been hashed out, this was actual footage of the day of the casting. E Cheng Jun had been over in the hall at that time so she hadn't been able to be there to introduce anything. Instead, the producer had just used other members of the crew to take care of the matter.

Right now, a few of them could be seen setting up the room. After finishing her task, one of the women turned around with a smile. "Goddess Tao Jin is supposed to arrive at the venue in just five minutes. Right now, we're preparing a special room so she can have a go at the casting without distracting the contestants over in the hall. I'm really curious to see just how she will fare."

Next, there was a short clip of how Tao Jin arrived and shook hands with the producer before she was led into the building. The camera was following her closely and she turned around after entering, giving the audience a smile. "I'm looking forward to the casting. My husband told me about the show and originally, we wanted to take part together. Unfortunately, it didn't work out as planned but the producer was so nice to invite me as a special guest instead after he saw that I expressed interest. I am looking forward to being able to try my hand at the task."