118 Can't Overreact

Xiao Ming rushed out of the studio and back into the break room, looking around hurriedly. There wasn't much time until the end of the break so he had to find Qian Huang fast if he wanted to still have a talk. Otherwise, he'd have to rush off immediately, and then it would be several hours before they got another chance. If this was time-sensitive, that would be a disaster. And he couldn't imagine that it was anything else if Qian Huang would even send Fan Mei to tell him.

Unfortunately, with sixty-four contestants, two other judges, and also the members of the crew all being gathered in the same room, it really wasn't easy to find the person you were looking for, much less at first glance.

Xiao Ming furrowed his brows, not sure what to do. He didn't see Li Shui either so he couldn't go to ask him if he had seen Qian Huang. Now, what was he supposed to do?

Just then, somebody called out to him instead. "Judge Xiao, are you looking for somebody?"

Xiao Ming turned around, needing a moment to recognize the man as one of the contestants. He should be called Nangong Ming if he remembered correctly. His congee just now had been quite good although not outstanding.

Still, the presentation had been good and he had seemed nice from the way he interacted with him and the other two judges. The current situation just reinforced that good impression.

Thinking of that, Xiao Ming smiled faintly. If all the other people involved in the show were this nice, the next few weeks would be a joy. Unfortunately, he wasn't sure if he would have that good luck. "Actually, I am. Do you know Qian Huang?"

The other person was none other than Si Shi Er of the Si clan. Asking one of the ninjas whether they knew the members of Bright Yellow Water ... He sighed in response. "Who doesn't?" Even though their master didn't always insist on them watching as well, the stream was the livelihood of his not-so-secret crush who might become their young master in the future. They'd need to be idiots to not at least sporadically check out his videos.

Si Shi Er really had more to say about that but since Xiao Ming looked stressed out, he refrained from adding anything and just pointed to the other side of the room. "I think I saw him over there."

Xiao Ming was a little weirded out by the first part of the response but he figured that he shouldn't bother about that right now. Instead, he looked over and indeed spotted Qian Huang still standing there together with Chu Yu An. Even Mister Yu had joined the two of them by now. "Ah, I see him! Thank you very much, Mister Nangong. I'd better hurry over then." He inclined his head and then rushed over, still feeling stressed. Thankfully, Nangong Ming had been able to point him in the right direction or he really wasn't sure if he would've managed to make it in time.

Qian Huang gave him a confused look when he ran up to him and then reached over, pulling him closer to him but away from the other two judges. "Did something happen? You're looking really worried."

Xiao Ming shook his head, not wanting to talk about his anxiety right now. "No, Miss Fan told me you wanted to see me so I rushed over. What's the matter?"

Qian Huang raised his brows, looking completely confused. "I didn't want to see you. Why would ..." He trailed off, suddenly realizing who 'Miss Fan' actually was. He furrowed his brows and leaned in closer, lowering his voice to an angry whisper. "Why would you believe Fan Mei of all people if she told you something? What exactly is she doing right now?"

Honestly, he didn't want to be an alarmist but considering what this woman had done before, he was afraid that she was up to no good. If they didn't figure out just what it was that she wanted to do, then he was afraid that they would be in for a lot of trouble. His thoughts raced and he couldn't help but for his brows further. "Where is she now?"