46 Theoretical Knowledge Put to Practice

Xiao Ming really wasn't sure how to go about things but considering what he had seen on the cooking shows that he had watched in the last few weeks, he just imitated what he remembered the hosts had done. Even though he had paid more attention to what the judges did, he at least had a rudimentary understanding of what the host would do when going over to look at what a contestant was doing.

First, he intently stared at what they were doing, trying to get an understanding. Then, he turned to Qian Huang to make sure he had gotten it right. "What are you doing?" Right now, what they needed was some kind of entertainment for the viewers. Since just watching somebody badly cut vegetables probably wouldn't cut it, he felt that asking a few questions would probably be for the best.

Unfortunately, he had completely underestimated the effect this kind of question would have on Qian Huang. The knife that was just about to cut suddenly stilled in the air and Qian Huang turned to him. "What? Am I doing something wrong?"

Xiao Ming was startled. Had he said that Qian Huang was doing something wrong? Hadn't he just asked what he was doing?

On the other side, Si Shi Wu masked his laugh with another cough and then turned to the host, helping Xiao Ming out with getting their viewers some more entertainment. Not that that little skit between Young Master Xiao and Qian Huang hadn't been hilarious.

"Being a contestant for the first time instead of the host that is asking the questions, how does that make you feel?" He might be a professional cook but there were many people in the Si clan with different talents and skills. Even though nobody could be counted a professional in all of these things, it was inevitable that they would pick up bits and pieces of knowledge on the skills the others were proficient in. That was even true for the things that their spouses were doing.

So since they had Si Shi Qi who was married to an award-winning actress, the current generation of ninjas would naturally also pay attention to the news of the entertainment industry. And they were very much aware of how things over there worked. Si Yi had even made it a point to brief him on what he had to expect before he came here. Thus, Si Shi Wu was quite confident in handling this issue.

The host was a little startled at suddenly being asked such a question. Thanks to his years of experience, he managed to get a grip on himself after just a second though. He smiled, then stopped cutting to make sure that he wouldn't make a blunder while he was distracted. "It sure is a different feeling. To be honest, I'm quite happy that you suggested this. Now, I have a much better idea of just how the contestants in the show must feel. Even though I was always excited for them, I never knew that it could also put stress on you because he wanted to do your job as well as possible. Every mistake you make will be caught on camera. It is actually quite daunting. As an outsider, that is hard to imagine."

Si Shi Wu nodded and then went on to ask the next question. "Mister Qiang had the luck of working together with Mister Xiao since the day 'Bright Yellow Water' was established and from what I know, they have known each other even longer so he has probably watched him cook numerous more times than even the most zealous fans of the trio. Even though he usually doesn't cook, he should at least have a rudimentary understanding of how it is done. What about you?" He deliberately left the question open like that, making it sound as if he was actually asking whether or not he had even that 'rudimentary understanding' of cooking food instead of asking about his background in general.

Ren Ya Hui also noticed that this might be seen as the implication but he also couldn't fault Ai Gui Jin. If it had been Xiao Ming, he might've still thought that it had been done deliberately since while he wasn't a professional host, he was at least a food anchor online and should have a certain understanding of these things. But Ai Gui Jin was just a chef. Usually, he would only cook and at most meet with a few special guests at the restaurant. How would he be able to understand these intricacies?