83 Date?

In the park close by, a notification leaped up on Si Er's screen. This one was actually supposed to go to his phone but because he was usually too lazy to check, he had made any kind of messages be redirected to his laptop as well.

He glanced at this one and his brows raised faintly, surprised to see that this was actually a message from his master. And, in usual style, it directly got to the point.

Si Jin: [Si Shi Er?]

Si Er didn't even think twice about it and opened the map that showed the locations of all the ninjas of the Si clan, as well as some affiliated people, and then send over the exact coordinates to his master's phone. Then, he went back to his own matters, not caring about it any longer.

He would check in every now and then to see if his master needed an update but so far, it seemed that Si Shi Er and affiliated person number 12-C had stayed at the same place for quite some time. He didn't think they would leave anytime soon.

Si Jin was satisfied when he got a response this fast and then reached out a hand, showing the text to Si Yi.

Contrary to the somewhat cryptic message he had been thrown before, Si Yi knew exactly what this meant. He straightened up, closed the book in front of him, and gave a nod. Then, the two of them walked out of the kitchen, leaving the finished dish standing there, and went to get the car before they drove off, soon reaching a busy street.

Si Yi didn't know why they were here but he just parked the car as close to the spot indicated in the text as possible and then got out first, opening the door for his master.

Si Jin checked the place again and then walked over when his phone suddenly vibrated. He stopped in his tracks and pulled it out, looking at the screen.

Si Er: [You've reached the place.]

Si Jin didn't react to that and just switched the screen back off before slipping the phone back into his pocket. Then, he stood on the sidewalk, looking at the door of the building in front of them with a blank expression.

Si Yi still wasn't sure what they were doing here but he stopped a step behind him, folding his hands in front of his body, and waited alongside him.

The people that were walking past them looked at them but nobody complained. Maybe this was the magic of handsome faces or maybe it was the cold expression of the two ninjas that told them to better stay away. In any case, nobody bothered them.

Time quietly passed and Si Yi wondered if there was something he should do. What exactly were they waiting for? Young master Xiao? That was definitely an explanation he could get behind. Their master was willing to do all kinds of odd things for him.

Then again, he had always kept his distance. In fact, the ninjas had often told him that they could engineer a meeting between the two of them but he had refused, feeling that it would be disingenuous to do so.

Si Yi really didn't think that his master would suddenly change his mind after he had already started to take part in the show. Especially not after he had been told by Si Qi that young master Xiao wanted to keep his distance from the participants so that he wouldn't get in trouble. It definitely wouldn't be like his master to put young master Xiao's career in jeopardy.

But if it wasn't that ... then what was going on? He really couldn't explain it to himself. But after he had already been unable to understand one message today, he was too embarrassed to ask about a second one.

His master would seriously start to doubt his ability if he wasn't able to understand him continuously. Then, it would only be a question of time until he would be relegated to being the second among the ninjas and that wild child of the Si clan would have to start being their master's assistant. How could he let that happen? No, he refused to accept such an outcome! In this kind of case, he could only tough it out for the time being and search for more clues along the way.