145 It's Fishy

By the time Si Qi and Fan Mei finished dinner and bid farewell to each other, the last contestant had also left the venue of the first episode of 'Golden Spoon'. The three judges were still sitting in the same room though, looking tired.

Chu Yu An leaned back and groaned. "God, I wasn't even the one cooking but I feel more tired than I've ever been after a long day in the kitchen. Honestly, I pity the two of you. As a main judge, you'll have to do this for several weeks in a row."

Xiao Ming glanced at Yang Shu Na who was standing on the other side of the room, talking with some staff members. Was it really alright to say this in front of her? He had to admit that today had been tiring though.

Mister Yu also glanced in her direction but he didn't seem to have the same doubts as Xiao Ming. Instead, he leaned forward and looked at Chu Yu An. "Miss Chu forgets that there will be fewer contestants on the later episodes and we will be more familiar with everything.

"Today's matters, I believe they are also our own fault to a certain degree. We didn't plan well enough. After adjusting, things should get easier each time."

Chu Yu An gave a hum and then thought back to the chaos after the break. "Well, I guess it wasn't only the cooking and judging anyway. Today was wild." She shook her head and then leaned forward again. "It's been a long time since the last break. I still need to record that message for the contestants so why don't you just rest up for a bit?"

Xiao Ming nodded while Mister Yu looked puzzled.

"Actually, do you still need to record a message if everyone will come in at different times and research here? We could just announce the task at that time."

Chu Yu An smiled sheepishly. "Yes, but then I'd have to announce it several times. This way, it's also less work for me." She cleared her throat and got up. "Well, I'll go over now." She hurried away as if afraid she'd get called out for being lazy.

Xiao Ming laughed lightly. "It'd indeed be more work for her. It's good she found a workaround. Also, this way, nobody can say they might have gotten a different introduction. It ensures fairness."

Mister Yu gave a hum and couldn't help but think back to what had happened earlier. Usually, he wouldn't have thought about what could happen in this regard. But now, he really saw what his granddaughter had meant. On TV, there was indeed a need to be more careful. People might make a big matter out of nothing.

Xiao Ming noticed that he didn't respond and turned to look at him. Seeing his expression, he wasn't sure what to say for a moment. "Mister Yu ..."

Mister Yu was pulled out of his thoughts and sighed. "Oh, it's nothing. My thoughts drifted off for a moment there. Anyway, we only need to choose tomorrow, Miss Chu can record that introduction on her own, and there doesn't seem anything else left to be organized. I think we should get on our way home. Tomorrow will be another hard day of work. As judges, we also can't slack off."

Xiao Ming nodded and also got up with Mister Yu. Anyway, they had used the breaks in-between the contestants coming over to present their dishes to talk more about how to split the groups tomorrow. Other than that, he really couldn't think of anything that was left to do so it was better to just leave. Anyway, Qian Huang and Li Shui had been waiting for so long. It should be a bit dull.

The two of them bid farewell and Xiao Ming went to find the other two. Actually, they didn't look bored. Especially Qian Huang looked like he had a lot to say.

Xiao Ming raised his brows but felt like they shouldn't talk here. Even though he couldn't be sure, he figured it should be about what had happened with Fan Mei and Si Jin. After all, they hadn't had any time to talk since then. If he was right, then the venue wasn't a suitable place to discuss the matter though.