108 Let's Welcome the Judges!

Author's Note: I finished uploading the last chapter of the Sons of Nature collection last week so now, we're continuing with OCN. Let's start with the beginning of volume 3!

---------------------------

"Hello, and welcome to 'Golden Spoon'! Are you hungry yet? If you're not, I promise that you will be in a couple of minutes. Because today, the sixty-four contestants that were chosen from among thousands of participants in last week's casting are going to take a chance at the three tasks that today's judges have prepared for them. I'm sure that we will be presented with lots of tasty dishes that are going to make all of our mouths water.

"Now, please welcome our contestants with me!" E Cheng Jun smiled into the camera and then turned to the side, motioning at the still empty cooking stations behind her.

Right on cue, the lighting changed and the sixty-four people that had been chosen walked in one after the other.

The person in front was none other than Si Jin. After him followed Fan Mei of all people, much to the dismay of the ninjas of the Si clan. After that came Si Yi, then another contestant they hadn't had anything to do with yet before another ninja followed.

After seeing how everything had played out with those twenty people in the casting, the team behind the show had decided not to take any chances with this. The ninjas were clearly familiar with each other, so they had made sure that they would split them up as well as they could. Thus, between each of the ninjas would be at least one or two, sometimes three people to make sure that they couldn't convene with each other.

E Cheng Jun waited until all of them had taken up their spot behind the cooking stations before she turned back to the camera, showing the very same smile as before. "Now, what tasks will these talented young people have to attempt? Let's welcome our three judges and find out!

"Everybody knows our first main judge already: He is a household name in the industry, the author of one of our country's best-selling cookbooks for staple foods, and is looking back on a career of almost 50 years as a professional chef. Please welcome with me: Mister Yu!"

E Cheng Jun applauded, as did the contestants, and Mister Yu walked in, smiling faintly and nodding at E Cheng Jun and the contestants. He forgot about the camera seeing as he wasn't used to taking note of one, but E Cheng Jun hurriedly redirected him, quietly asking him to also greet the viewers at home. "Mister Yu, are you excited about today's episode?"

Mister Yu hurriedly nodded toward the camera before he turned to her, giving another nod. "I am! These talented young men and women have proven themselves worthy to be on 'Golden Spoon'. They have managed to convince both me and Mister Xiao of their skills. Thus, I am quite curious to see how they will fare when they are not able to choose what to make without any restrictions but instead have to follow the task given."

"Then I hope that they will be a pleasant surprise to Mister Yu!" E Cheng Jun smiled again and then turned to the camera once more, motioning for Mister Yu to take a seat while she announced the next judge. "Our second main judge is an up-and-coming food streamer, the head of the channel 'Bright Yellow Water', Xiao Ming!"

Xiao Ming walked out, also greeting E Cheng Jun, the contestants, as well as nodding toward the camera. As a streamer, he was naturally used to doing things like that. As a result, he didn't have as much trouble as Mister Yu to get used to being on the big screen. No, to him, everything was only a little more professional since there were several cameras now instead of just one, but he had a rough guess what to take note of. Anyway, Qian Huang and Li Shui had also coached him on some things to take note of for today and the subsequent episodes.

"Hello, Miss E! Greetings to the contestants and the viewers at home."

E Cheng Jun's smile seemed to brighten any further when he remembered to greet the audience as well and then leaned a little closer. "Mister Xiao, as a streamer, you've had to do with other people's cooking in the past already, right?"