20

return
Cannon fodder young husband [quick travel]
traditional
set up
turn off the lights
big
middle
Small

Chapter 299 The Royal Husband of the Champion (20)

    One month later, the people of Yongyuan Mansion built their houses one after another. They returned home with the food promised by Wu Bai.

    At this time, Wu Bai also collected the materials needed for the cement, and he posted a notice again, calling on the people to build the dam by recruiting workers.

    This notice has just been posted, and all the people in Yongyuan Mansion have signed up, both young and old, but these people are not suitable for building dams, but Wu Bai still keeps them all.

    Xiao Zimo looked at the number of people in the register, and asked, "How do you plan to arrange these people?" "

    Except for the embankments, many roads in Yongyuan Mansion have been washed away. I plan to arrange them to repair roads, but there are still not enough people. Yongyuan Mansion needs people too much now, and I have already arranged for all the people I can arrange." Wu Bai sighed.

    Xiao Zimo took out the letter and said, "Father replied to me. After his persuasion, the victims who fled to Shuangyang County are now on their way back. When they return to Yongyuan Mansion, the manpower problem can be solved."

    Before Xiao Zimo sent people to send more food to Shuangyang County. After Xiao's father knew that the person who came to relieve the disaster was his son, he immediately wrote to Xiao Zimo and asked about Xiao Zimo's plan. He knew that Xiao Zimo was short of manpower. , he began to persuade those victims to return to Yongyuan Mansion.

    "Well, I can only do it step by step. By the way, how much food is left?" Wu Bai asked.

    "The food we brought has been used up, and now only the food accumulated in the warehouse of the government office is left, which can last for half a month." Xiao Zimo replied.

    "I'll tell my father the details later." Wu Bai nodded.

    Seeing him frowning slightly, Xiao Zimo comforted him: "Don't worry too much, the matter will be resolved. Early this morning, I sent someone to search out four million taels of silver from Song De's mansion. We can use this money to go to the Buy food in the nearby prefecture."

    "Four million taels! Song De is only a third-rank magistrate, and his annual salary is at most 50,000 taels. You can find out the origin of his money." Wu Bai said seriously.

    "This is the account book." Xiao Zimo picked up the account book from the table and handed it to Wu Bai.

    Wu Bai opened it and looked it up, and found that apart from the collusion between officials and businessmen, these silver taels were actually obtained through embezzlement from the funds allocated by the imperial court to build dams every year.

    After reading the account book, Wu Bai said angrily: "Song De really deserves to die! Because of his own selfish desires, so many innocent people died in disasters!" Xiao Zimo took out several letters and

    handed them to Wu Bai, saying, "Look Look at this."

    Wu Bai held back his anger and opened the letter. After reading it, he was shocked and said, "Uncle Anhuang was also involved in it." "

    I found these letters in the secret room of Song De's study. They should be Really, this can also explain that the millions of taels missing in the account books should have fallen into the hands of Prince An." Xiao Zimo said slowly.