𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

The halls of the castle were always dark and dim

The halls of the castle were always dark and dim. Even when the sun was shining bright in the sky, it seemed as though the dark magic constantly surrounded the castle in a dark, grey hue.

Today, however, it was even darker than usual. Hearing a loud rumbling noise coming from outside, Princess Katherine raced out of her room in search of her mother.

She rushed down the halls, grabbing the ends of her dress so she wouldn't trip over herself. She ran to the main room of the castle, where her mother spent most of her time.

"Mother!" she shouted as she ran in. Looking around, she didn't find her mother but instead found her grandfather, lying on the floor.

With a gasp she ran over, kneeling down next to him. "Papa" she called as she turned his body over. "No" she cried, looking into his lifeless eyes.

"Please" Katherine begged, gently shaking him. "Please wake up. Please."

Using her magic she could sense what happened to him. His heart was ripped out. And there was only one person who could have possibly done this to him.

Her mother.

Looking around, Katherine shot up and walked over to the full-length mirror across from her. With a wave of her hand, she could see where her mother was. Snow White and Prince Charming's castle.

Katherine scoffed, not surprised that whatever was going on had to do with her mother's endless quest for vengeance against Snow White.

With another wave of her hand, a cloud of black smoke surrounded her body as she was transported to her mother.

The Evil Queen, Regina, turned around, seeing the smoke, and smirked as her daughter appeared. "I was wondering when you'd show up," she said.

"You killed Papa" Katherine sneered. "You think I wanted to kill my own father? I had to do what was necessary" Regina exclaimed.

"Necessary for what? What is this?" Katherine asked. "The dark curse" Regina smiled.

Katherine was stunned as she slowly shook her head. She heard her mother mention the dark curse but didn't think she could ever go through with it.

"Oh my god" she mumbled, her heart sinking as she realized what was happening. "I have to find Killian," she said, ready to turn and leave before her mother stopped her.

"It's no use looking for your pirate now," Regina said.

"What did you do?" Katherine asked her voice nearly a growl from the ferocity in her tone. "It's part of the curse, dear. In a few moments, you won't even remember what he looks like" Regina said, with a smile.

She never of approved of the man Katherine claimed to be her true love. Katherine was a princess. She couldn't be with someone like a pirate. Not only that but Katherine was the dark princess.

Regina knew how powerful she could grow to be and wanted her to spend her time fostering that power, not falling in love.

"You have to stop it!" Katherine shouted. "You have to stop the curse!"

"There is no stopping it," Regina said, walking toward her daughter and taking her hands. "Everything will be okay, you'll see. We'll be so happy."

Katherine shook her head, not being able to hold back her tears. "But I was happy."

Neither one of them had time to say anything else as a dark purple and gray smoke approached the castle, quickly entrapping them in the magic. Their time in the Enchanted Forest was over.

Now they were heading toward Storybrooke.