𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒔𝒊𝒙

"Gold is in a box?" Mary Margaret asked

"Gold is in a box?" Mary Margaret asked. "Then David can never leave the island."

"Mary Margaret, that doesn't matter. I've already made peace with that. What matters in Henry" David said as they looked down at Henry's unconscious body.

Pan's trick had worked. He convinced Henry that his heart was needed in order to save magic. And Henry, wanting to be a hero, gave it to him. Regina managed to place a preservation spell on him to give them time to get his heart back, but it wasn't permanent.

"How much time do we have?" David asked.

"Maybe an hour before the preservation spell wears off," Regina said. "If he's airborne, he could be anywhere on the island" Neal sighed.

"An hour isn't much time, I suggest we start looking," Killian said. "No," Katherine said, shaking her head. "We don't have to look for him because they already know where is."

Katherine marched over one of the Lost Boys, Felix, who seemed to be the most loyal to Pan. "Where is he?" she shouted, grabbing him by the collar.

"Gone" Felix smirked. "There's nothing you can do. He already won. Pan never fails."

"Fine. You don't have to tell me. I'll make you" Katherine said, going to reach for his heart but Emma, grabbed her arm to stop her.

"Katherine wait," she said.

"For what?!"

"I don't think torture is our best move here," Emma said, pulling Katherine away from Felix. "Look at these kids, they've been to hell and back. We need to try something else."

"We tried to be nice and they don't respond to reason. So what else do you have to offer?" Katherine asked.

Emma looked past her at Mary Margaret. "What every kid wants," she said. "A mother."

Katherine rolled her eyes but let Emma try and talk to them. Emma squatted down so she was at their eye level as they all still sat on the ground, tied up.

"Guys, listen to me. We are not gonna hurt you. I know you're loyal to Pan. And I get that. But you are making a terrible mistake. For a long time, I thought I was never gonna find my family. I was an orphan, like all of you. A lost girl. And I was reminded today that I am not alone. That I have a lot of people that love me, and I never thought that was gonna happen. If that can happen to me, it can happen to you" Emma said.

"Pan is the only family we need," Felix said.

"No. Family doesn't do what he did. Pan lied to you and made you do terrible things" Emma said. "He lied to Henry and convinced him to give up his own heart!"

"To save the island," One of the boys said.

"No, to save himself!" Emma exclaimed.

"Don't listen to her" Felix said. "Pan cares about all of us. She's the one who almost killed one of our own" he said, looking at Katherine.