𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚-𝒔𝒊𝒙

Six weeks

Six weeks. Six weeks of peace. Six weeks of bliss. And six weeks of no Gold.

When Belle banished him, it was as if the entire town could feel it. Like things were finally back to normal.

Through the thin curtains of Granny's room, sunlight slowly drifted in, illuminating the room in a soft gold light.

Feeling the warmth creeping up her skin, Katherine slowly began to stir. And feeling Killian's feather-like touch running through her hair, her eyes began to blink open.

"Good morning," she said, her voice still low and slightly hoarse from just waking up.

"Morning, love" he smiled, running his hand over her back as she snuggled closer to him.

"What time is it?" she asked.

"Almost eight," he told her laughing when she groaned.

"Why are we up so early?" she whined.

"I'm meeting Belle at the library remember. And you said you'd promise to meet your mother in her office" he said.

"I need to stop promising to do stuff so early" she yawned.

"Come on. I'm sure Granny has a pot of coffee waiting downstairs just for you" he said, leaning over as he pressed a kiss to her lips.

"Are you sure you don't want help getting the fairies back? I don't know if anyone told you but I have very powerful magic" she said, smiling as she pulled him into another kiss.

"I'm sure you do, love. But this is my mess, I have to clean it up" he sighed.

"It's my father's mess. You weren't in control of yourself" she told him.

"I know. But I am now. I won't feel better until I get them out" he said.

"Well, I know you will. Between you and Belle you'll figure something out" she told him. "I believe in you."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Hello. We come bearing gifts" Katherine exclaimed as she and Emma walked into Regina's office.

"How do you feel about kale salad?" Emma asked, setting it down on her desk.

"Like someone found someplace other than Granny's for takeout," Regina said.

"I'm fine with her grilled cheese, but I know how it gets to you," Emma said.

"You eat like a child" Regina laughed and glanced at Katherine. "Is that rootbeer?"

"No, I'm not crazy. It's regular beer and I brought a whole pack. Figured you could use a break" Katherine said.

"We really need to talk about your drinking problem," Regina said. "And there's no point in taking a break. I'm only hitting dead end after dead end. This Sorcerer or Author, whatever he wants to be called, doesn't want to be found."