𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆

Emma Swan loved New York

Emma Swan loved New York. She loved her job. She loved her apartment. She loved her son. And she loved her new boyfriend. Everything in her life was perfect.

Even when a man had shown up at her door that morning saying her family was in trouble and he needed to find her best friend, Katherine, she figured that someone had just left the door to her building open and some crazy person had gotten in.

But when that same man showed up in the middle of dinner with her boyfriend, she thought that maybe she and Henry might actually be safer in the suburbs.

"You!" she shouted, at the man dressed in all black as he took advantage of her date going to the bathroom to sit at her table.

"I can explain," he said.

"You are a stalker!" she exclaimed.

"Don't scream. Just here me out" he said. "I just need to find Katherine."

"Okay, look. You think you're the first guy to try to use me to get to Katherine? I get it, you hooked up, she never called you again but seriously following me around is not gonna get her to talk to you" Emma said.

"Wait, what? What do you mean hooking up?" he asked, praying that didn't mean what he thought it did. "She's been seeing other people?"

"Wow, she really did a number on you," Emma said.

"Both of your parents are in grave danger," he said, shaking his head and trying to remind himself that his current mission was more important.

"You really have no idea what you're talking about. Both Katherine and my parents are dead" Emm said.

"They're not. And look, I have proof" he said, pulling out a scrap of paper. "Take a gander, here's an address. If you want to know who you are, who you really are, go there."

"Leave. Now. I've got to tell Katherine to stop picking the craziest people she can find" Emma said.

"Just go to this address and tell her that I'm looking for her," he said.

"Give me one good reason I shouldn't punch you in the face right now," Emma said. "You really don't believe me? Try using your superpower" he said.

Emma looked at him, wondering how he knew about that.

"Yes. I know about that. Use it. See that I'm telling the truth. I don't want to hurt Katherine or you" he said. Emma looked at him and hated that she thought he might be telling the truth.

"Just because you believe something is true does not make it real," she said. "Maybe. Maybe not. But I know you sense something is off. Go to that adress, take a chance. Then you'll want to talk. And when you do, I'll be in Central Park. By the entrance of the park," he said, before walking away.