𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

Katherine had never been to a water park before

Katherine had never been to a water park before. Having never left Storybrooke, except for her one escapade to New York, she'd never been on any sort of thrill ride. But she had seen the movies and they looked fun.

Exciting. Thrilling even. But if they felt close to anything she was experiencing right now, she never wanted to get on one ever.

After falling through the portal, the ship raced through a cylinder tube-like ring of water. It was like going down a closed slide at supersonic speed. And it was anything but fun. With an arm wrapped around Killian's bicep, she turned her face away from the fierce winds whipping at her skin.

Eventually, the tube of water came to an end and they were shot out like an elephant shooting water from its trunk. With a ginormous splash, the ship slowed down as the rough waters smoothed out.

Killian looked down at Katherine as he kept the ship steady. "You alright?" he asked. "Yeah, fine" she breathed out as she took in their surroundings. The sun from Storybrooke was gone and the moon shone brightly in the sky.

Millions of stars illuminated the night. Looking ahead, there was an island not too far away from them. "Is that it?" she asked.

"Aye," Killian nodded. "Neverland."

Regina turned to Killian as he brought the wheel to halt. "Why are you slowing down?" she asked. "In case you didn't know my son's life is in danger."

"Oh, I know, my hotheaded Queen," he said, rolling his eyes. "My plan is to bring us to the far side of the island, link up with the widest part of the river. Then we sail right through and take him by surprise."

Katherine looked up at him and she could tell by his face, landing on this island was the last thing he wanted to do.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"I spent more time than I care to remember trying to leave this place and to kill Rumplestilskin. And here I am sailing right back into its heart with him as my guest of honor" he said.

"Not quite the happy ending you were hoping for?" Katherine asked.

"Greg Mendell said something funny to me," Regina said. "He said I'm a villain. And that villains don't get happy endings."

Katherine scoffed as she turned to her mother. "Oh, I'm getting my happy ending. Even if I have to set the world on fire to get it" she said, before walking off toward the front of the ship.

Killian turned and looked at Regina as Katherine walked away. "You two are more alike than you think," he said.

Hearing an argument break out between Emma and her parents Katherine turned to look at them.

"How can you two be so infuriatingly optimistic?" Emma shouted. "It's who we are," David said.

"Why?" Emma asked. "Ever since you got your memories back, ever since you remembered that you're Snow White and Prince Charming, your lives have...they've...well, they've sucked!"