𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

。゚☆: * camelot 。゚☆: * six weeks ago

"First, we need to know how the potion you've been working on will react to my dark magic. Bring me the vial" Emma said.

"I'm not doing a goddamn thing until you tell me how you knew your parents were under a spell," Katherine said.

'We don't have time for this" Emma said.

"Then make time," Katherine said.

Emma sighed as she turned and held up a dreamcatcher. "Fine. I saw it in this. A dreamcatcher."

"Emma, this is dark magic," Regina said.

"I know," Emma said.

"These things catch more than dreams," Regina said.

"I know" Emma sighed.

"And you have to wave it over someone to capture a memory," Regina said.

"I don't. This dark magic is stronger, more unpredictable than any magic I've ever used. The image just appeared. It showed me what Arthur did to them" Emma said. "Look, it's gonna be okay. The dreamcatcher also showed me a memory that's going to help us. Merlin's. I saw him. Merlin wept for the loss of the only woman he ever loved moments before the Dark One trapped him in the tree using one of his tears."

"Emma, that's it," Katherine said. "Sometimes spells are like snakebites. You can make the anti-venom with the venom. If a tear of lost love trapped Merlin, then another one might be able to get him out. So what do you say? Let's go get outselves a tear."

"Actually I think I have an idea where we can get the tear from" Regina said. "Me."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"All right, Regina, this is going to be intense. Last chance to back out" Emma said.

"I can take it," Regina said and Katherine watched as Emma held a tiny vial and sat in front of Regina.

"Look into the circle" Emma said, waving her hand as a memory began to appear. It was something Katherine had heard about many times. Cora ripping out Daniel's heart right in front of her.

"I'm sorry" Emma sighed as the memory ended.

"It was like it was happening all over again" Regina cried. Seeing a tear fall down her cheek, Emma reached out and scooped it into the vile.

"I didn't realize how horrible that was for you" Katherine mumbled.

"You could see it, too?" Regina asked as Katherine nodded.

"I'm so sorry. I don't understand how a mother could do soemthing like that" Emma said.

"She thought it was for the best" Regina sighed.