𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

When the three of them found David, Regina joined them after Killian insisted she come along

When the three of them found David, Regina joined them after Killian insisted she come along. What David had found was far from the Wicked Witch they were expecting. Instead, she managed to turn into someone that looked exactly like him and it was startling, to say the least.

"Any particular reason she would send a demon who looks like you?" Killian asked. "No idea. It was just there, wearing my face, harping on my deepest fears" David said.

"It knew your deepest fears?" Regina asked, her concern piquing Katherine's interest. "Yeah. Things I've never told anyone. Even Mary Margaret" he said. "It wasn't until I admitted them that I was able to defeat it by stabbing it with the hilt of my sword."

"Where is it? Your sword?" Katherine asked. "That's the strange part. After I killed it, the hilt, it disappeared" David said.

Regina and Katherine glanced at each other, concerned.

"What's that mean, then?" Killian asked. "When we face our deepest fears, out true courage comes out. When you used the hilt of your sword to vanquish your fears, your courage transferred into it" Regina said.

"And the witch took it with your sword. She took your courage" Katherine said. "Hang on, the Wicked Witch stole his courage?" Killian asked.

"Yes, a symbol of it at least. Or would you like to double check with my mother first?" she asked.

Killian sighed, not expecting for her to still be angry with him. Regina and David looked between the two, wondering what was going on.

"No, Katherine's right," Regina said. "And symbols can be powerful totems."

The five of them went back to the farmhouse to check the storm cellar. But when they got there the lock that once kept it shut was broken.

"That lock. It wasn't busted before" Emma said. She and David took out their guns while Killian grabbed his sword. Emma glanced at David who was set to open it while Emma raised her gun.

"Ready?" she asked. David nodded and pulled open the door to reveal nothing but stairs leading down into the cellar.

"So far, so good," Killian said. "Maybe you should stay up here with my mother. Hopefully she can protect you" Katherine said to him as she began her descent inside.

Killian sighed, falsely hoping she would've let it go by now. "Everyone stay alert. Come on" Emma said, following Katherine down.

When Katherine got to the bottom she didn't see anyone but she could feel the dark magic coursing through the place. She looked up her attention being caught by a giant cage, its padlock broken.

"What would a wicked witch keep in a cage? Monkeys?" Emma asked. "No. Not monkeys" Katherine said, pulling on the rope light switch above them.

With the room now illuminated with light, they realized what they were looking at. A spinning wheel. Looking down Katherine picked up a piece of straw that had been spun into gold.