𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒚

For some odd and very unsettling reason, the Underworld looked exactly like Storybrooke. Well, Storybrooke if a tornado had run through it.

The clock tower was destroyed, with the actual clock part crashed into the ground. Most of the shops and businesses were boarded up and people walked up and down the street aimlessly like they really had nowhere to go.

Although, in retrospect, they probably didn't.

"I don't think we're in Maine anymore," Regina said, as they all looked around.

"How is this even possible? Why does the Underworld look like Storybrooke?" Emma asked.

"Your questions are pointless. All that matters is that all these people in this Underworld are dead and trapped because they have unfinished business" Gold said.

Hearing a car engine roar in the distance, Emma looked up and saw a familiar car drive past. "Cruella."

"That's right. And she's here because of you" Gold said. "And I imagine there are many here because of all of us. Let's not lollygag."

"We'll split up then. Cover more ground" Killian said.

"Agreed. The sooner we can get out of here the better" Regina said eyeing a man nearby who she couldn't help but think looked familiar.

Regina and Robin walked down the streets, keeping their eye out for Katherine.

"It's uncanny. It's so similar, yet so off" Robin said.

"Well when I conjured Storybrooke, it was with the Dark Curse. Whoever created that curse, looks like this is where they got their inspiration" Regina said.

"Or vice versa," Robin said as Regina froze. "What is it? What's wrong?"

Turning Regina looked at the man she noticed earlier. "You. You've been following us. Why?" she asked.

"Someone wants to see you," he said.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Mother?" Regina gasped as she walked into the Underworld version of her office. "You're here?"

"Yes. I had hoped you were okay. I know, darling. I know" Cora said, as they pulled each other into a hug. "But I do have unfinished business. And that would be you."

"You don't have to worry about me," Regina said.

"I'll always worry about you. I want you to be happy" Cora said.

"Then help me find Katherine and get out of here," Cora said.

"Of course, I'll look for my granddaughter. But it's too dangerous for you. You need to leave now" Cora said.

"I can't leave without finding her first," Regina said.

"When I find her, I can send her back with your friends. Sweetheart, you must do what's best for you" Cora said.

"My daughter comes first, you know that," Regina said.

"Regina. It wasn't easy, but I've arranged for a boat to take you home. It departs in one hour. Take Henry, take your thief and go before it's too late. I'll figure out another way to send Katherine back" Cora said.

"Mother, I can't," Regina said.

"You must. I know it's hard to put aside all suspicion after how I raised you but Regina, do you remember the last thing I said to you before I died?" Cora asked.

"That I would've been enough" Regina nodded.

"You would've been. It just took me too long to realize it. Don't make the same mistake. Go" Cora said.