𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒚-𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓

As Katherine, Killian, Emma, and Henry looked around, they had no idea where the Evil Queen had sent them

"Oh, where the hell are we?" Killian asked.

"She took us off the chessboard" Emma sighed.

"God, I need to sit down," Katherine said as she took a seat right in the middle of whatever back road they were on, out of breath from all the running.

"Are you okay?" Henry asked.

"Oh yeah. Just...didn't wear the right shoes for running" she said.

"You should get out of the sun. Find some shade" Killian said.

"No, I'm fine. Promise" Katherine said.

"What do we do now? Ashley was my first save. You take that away, then what? Everything I've done can be undone?" Emma asked, sitting next to Katherine.

"Obviously not. She's just trying to get into your head. We just need to figure out where Ashley's going next. I don't suppose you have another shoe?" Katherine asked.

"Not on me" Emma sighed.

"You didn't used to have magic and you found people," Henry said.

"He's right. Just do whatever you did back in your old life as a bail bonds person or whatever. How did you find people then?" Katherine asked.

Emma sighed and shrugged. "Try to think like the skip thinks and get inside their head. Why are they running? What is their story? Who do they love?"

"Their story," Henry said, pulling out the book. "Ashley said she was trying to help her stepsister, uh, Camilla?"

"Kalinda?"

"Uh, Callista?"

"Kalinda?"

"I heard Callista."

"It's Clorinda," Henry said. "Ashley blamed herself for her not getting her happy ending. If the book says what her ending was supposed to be then that's a clue we need."

Flipping through the book, Henry searched until he found what they were looking for. "Yes! It's in here. Look."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After figuring out where Ashley might be, Katherine poofed them all to her sister's boyfriend's pumpkin farm. When they got there, her Evil Stepmother had arrived and stabbed Ashley in the side.

"Ashley" Emma shouted, as she and Katherine ran over. "This needs magic."

Katherine held her hands over Ashley's wounds as she began to heal them. But as she did she started to feel faint, her eyes fluttering as she fell over, landing on a pile of hay.

"Katherine!" Killian rushed over, pulling her into his arms.

"I'm okay" she mumbled. "Tired, I think."